Comparing Gundy's Bedlam Record against Other Rivalries

It matters not, what others have done. All that matters is what Gundy has done and will do.

If you are so dead set on comparisons? Let’s look at the number of conference and national championships, that each of these other coaches have won vs Gundy’s numbers.

“That’s an insurmountable number for any head coach to face”

I think you miss the point here. We aren’t saying that it’s not tough, but the opportunities that existed for Gundy to take advantage of the series has more often than not been a failure on his part.

Even when OSU has been the favorite (which is rare) he’s almost failed every time. The only time OSU was good enough to beat OU comfortably despite average to below average coaching by Gundy was 2011. Wouldn’t have mattered if Bob Simmons was the coach that year. OSU assistant coaches had them on a roll.

Here are just some examples:

1. In 2012 OSU had a 14 point lead with 8 minutes left. We lose 51-48 in OT.

2. In 2013 OSU was a 9 point favorite. They ironically lose that game 33-24.

3. In 2010 OSU was a slight favorite and still lost

4. In 2009 he refused to take out an injured Zac Robinson and OSU loses 27-0. We had Weeden then too.

Most of the time in this series he also plays the series as if he has everything to lose when in reality OU will always be the better coached and more talented team 90 percent of the time.

For me this seems like nothing more than an excuse for a coach that’s been hanging around for 15 years and can’t find a formula for decent success against his largest rival (even though other coaches in this league have done so).

If Gundy were 5-9 against OU (Like he probably should be) I wouldn’t give him as much beef for his handling of the Bedlam series. The facts still remain though that even in years he’s had the better team and better opportunities he’s found a way to fail in the majority of them.

2 Likes

Les Miles motivated is players for Bedlam more than anything and he still beat them. Stop making excuses Gundy.

2 Likes

Over the last 15 years Gundy has more loses to OU than Kansas. In fact no team has more loses OU than OSU.

1 Like

All my blame is on Chuba this year if we lose. That ignorance he displayed over the gundy shirt and Demanding an apology for someone’s belief’s is down right ridiculous and should not be tolerated by anybody in his free country! I haven’t forgot and won’t. I just don’t like that I have to watch him try and break a tackle in which he can’t every time I watch a game. I think there is still discomfort between teammates with him.

2 Likes

Please…enough of this. Leave good enough alone.

KU didn’t play OU every year when the B12 had north and south divisions, thus less Ls over the last 15 years. A big reason they made it to the orange bowl in 2008 was that they dodged all the good south teams. They only good team they played was Missouri, which they lost.

1 Like

Hubba Bubba was going to win the Heisman and bring the National Championship to Stillwater. Remember?
But he got totally derailed by Gundy’s T-Shirt and made a complete fool of himself. (Bless his entitled heart.) Karma is catching up with him. It’s also catching up with Gundy, for apologizing.
And OU’s early season woes were brought on by them focusing on bs politics, instead of football. Again, karma had its say.

A very ironic situation with the entire OAN debacle. Everyone was so afraid that Chuba would leave that they were willing to bend their knees like a peasant does to a king.

Then when the year starts it turns out he’s hardly been an effective weapon with this offense, and at times has been seen as less talented than LD Brown.

Yet, every person on here was ready to sell their own children into slavery to ISIS just to make sure he stays on the team.

Hubbard through 6 games so far:

Rushing- 581 yards (145 of that against Kansas)

Receiving Yards- 59

Yards Per Carry- 4.6

Touchdowns- 5

Yet, we were told this team would go down the tubes without him. Even though he’s really only showed up in one game this season so far (Iowa State).

1 Like

I understand, mostly because you’ve said this exact sentence 14,534 times in the past week.

1 Like

HA! I thought they should have sent him out the gate! We don’t need him OR his drama!

Exactly! He’s proven to be far less valuable than he and so many others thought he was.
And we were also told about him going to win the Heisman and help win the National Championship, as well. It’s just crazy, the stories our continual dreamers can come up with.

Bubba Hubba can certainly sit at home to watch the Heisman Awards Banquet AND the National Championship Game. And at this rate, he’ll probably watch the Big12 Championship Game on TV, as well.

Reminds me so much of 2017, when Rudolph was going to sure enough win the Heisman, after winning the Big12 (While beating the Sooners twice.) And the Cowboys were certainly going to contend for the National Title. Pffft!

I get so tired of folks trying to blow pistol smoke up our butts, calling it aroma therapy.

Not sure what it is. Don’t know if his head just isn’t in the game or if he’s being used as a strategic decoy since Gundy has a tendency to do that with his best players.

Well? He showed he’s mentally weak, with his outburst about the t-shirt. He’s also probably not getting much rest, still crying himself to sleep over that.
The decoy theory could also be true, but as a little pay back, for berating the head coach. And we all know what they say about pay backs.

Joe has always had a had time with the concept of decoys. Gundy said he would be used less before the tshirt issue. He is still get the most carries. And yes I believe in karma. We will see what he brings next week.

You are so right. We need to keep scheduling as weak of a non-conference schedule as possible and hope Kansas and at least 2 more teams in the conference are horrible so we can make it to the cheez-it bowl. We need to be that guaranteed win for OU. We’ll still be able to brag about how Gundy always gets to a bowl. We know he can’t beat a team like OU so why schedule someone like Wisconsin or Michigan or even Tennessee (I’ve heard Gundy has a few connections at Tennessee) but why schedule a loss.

3 Likes

They schedule a power 5 a mid major and lower division. Just like every one else. The power 5’s are done yrs in advance, so u don’t what they offer. Could be like that old man from ksu when he began he had two low division and weak mid major. He never scheduled any team that was a good power 5, or good.

One thing about scheduled, is there a two way street. Even if u want to play someone doesn’t mean they want to play u. Those teams u played out probably wouldn’t want to play us. Like usual u guys see the world in black and white. Or just black. It’s a big world out there that’s why adults run it.

"Just like everyone else "
2017 TTU Eastern WA, Arizona State, Houston
2018 TTU. Ole Miss, Lamar, Houston
2019 TTU. Montana State, UTEP, Arizona

2017 Texas. Maryland, San Jose State, USC
2018 Texas Maryland, Tulsa, USC
2019 Texas Louisiana Tech, LSU , Rice

2017 OSU Tulsa, South Alabama, Pittsburgh
2018. OSU. Missouri State, South Alabama, Boise State
2019. OSU Oregon State, McNeese State, Tulsa