Daily Chatter

I have a tee shirt for almost every college campus that I’ve been on, with notable exceptions for schools I don’t like like Iowa and TCU. It’s a great conversation starter, really. “oh did you go to Lafayette!” “No but I’ve been there. how are you familiar with it?” And then ice is broken and I made a new friend.

So, really, don’t let anybody yuck your yum.

6 Likes

Assuming this phrase was not popularized by the same folks that use “folx”? Anyone know how it (yuck your yum) originated, or has it been around forever and I never heard it until two weeks ago?

2 Likes

I’ve considered buying Oregon and Boise State and Florida gear. Good designs are good designs.

I also don’t prescribe to the idea that grown men shouldn’t own jerseys. Duck you. It’s non of your business, unless you made the jersey… then maybe.

The folks who came up with folx hate it.

I heard it a lot from folks in Pennsylvania when I was covering the region once upon a time. Thought it was a fun way to say “don’t concern yourself with what other people are into.”

1 Like

My mandream man cave would have jerseys and hats from sports teams across the nation and globe.

Mac-and-Cheese-hats

Only if those jerseys were for display and not wearing!

Of course! I’ve got an Elway jersey waiting for a case. Only jersey I’ve worn is a Weeden one.

2 Likes

I take that back. I’ll only display those meant for it. I’ll wear Poke jerseys if I get them.

There’s this jersey company, Icarus FC, which makes soccer jerseys and they’ve made me consider buying this tulsa FC fan kit even though I’m an Energy FC guy.

That’s pretty sweet. But unless you are playing on the team or under 13 years old it still shouldn’t be worn in public!!!

2 Likes

To each their own, but shaming people on social (I’ve seen it) for wearing a jersey is horse$hit. If I’m a fan, I’m wearing it and you can fu€k right off.

1 Like

Is that your way of saying “Don’t yuck my yum”?

5 Likes

I had to reread this thinking you missed State and then remembered…wrestling.

Yeah, the thought of @leecothran in an Iowa shirt or hat made me laugh when I saw his post.

5 Likes

Nice, are you a Broncos fan?

I’ve got some nevers that aren’t really as obvious as some might think. There’s OU, TCU, Baylor, and Tech, of course… then Iowa… then Penn State… then Maryland… then William and Mary… then Reed College… Pomona College…

Stories to be shared over beer sometime on a few of those.

2 Likes

Yes.

nice, me too. Lived in CO for 10 years.

I wish I could find a way there, but being a geo, it’s competitive.

Anybody currently planning a wedding for next year?