Derek Mason, Kasey Dunn Mentioned as Possible Candidates at Arizona State

Originally published at: Derek Mason, Kasey Dunn Mentioned as Possible Candidates at Arizona State | Pistols Firing

ASU parted ways with Herm Edwards and is looking for his successor.

This is like getting hit by a truck and you’re like, “Wow, the power behind that truck was amazing! It crushed my pelvis like it was nothing. I got to get me one of those!” I mean, geeze, have some self respect. Dunn isn’t even a proven commodity.

2 Likes

They’ll wait until the end of the season and try to clean up some of the crap going on with their program until then. I figure they are probably looking at going after someone younger. I could see them giving Kendal Briles a call.

1 Like

Please take Mason so Joe Bob can get the DC coordinator gig he deserves!

1 Like

They’re gonna get hit hard I think. But then again Baylor only got a wrist slap.

2 Likes

@joe15 you were kidding about briles rite.

I can see these guys getting calls. Both seem to be clean. But mason has really proven anything at vandy.
Herm makes it hard to be followed by these two also.

Asu will want some one clean. Old enough to have real experience. The ex texas coach would be a fit for them
He got texas to a sugar bowl.

1 Like

So you think Kendal Briles is just like his dad?

They will want some one who is clean. That would in could any baggage from teams they have connection to.

I think the coach i point out would be better anyway.

1 Like

Since ASU has not been very good, I would think they would want to hire a coach who has experience as head coach and comes with a success rate. Mason, like anyone who coached Vanderbilt, has a losing record. So that leave him out. Because you are from Phoenix and played in Arizona, should have no bearing at all, other than maybe you can handle the hot temperatures in Tempe.
Dunn has no head coaching experience so that should eliminate him from an ASU program that just cannot advance to a higher level of play. As a Cowboy fan, I would not worry about losing either one of them if they chose to go to greener pastures. I see OSU only as a steppingstone for Mason. He has an inexperienced secondary to work with, so it would be hard to judge his talent just from this season.

1 Like

OU hired Jeff Lebby. What makes you think Briles doesn’t have a chance?

Ou was in a situation. But asu is in a probation situation.

Thats my point

1 Like

Clean joy clean !! Little Briles isn’t squeaky clean. He learned from the best !! Coming off probation they will get a young guy capable of recruiting and a decent coach
Lebby is a different deal being he went to the most penalized program in history. They don’t give a chit. They are untouchable to them

1 Like

I felt like this was obvious, also OC vs. HC is a whole other thing.

2 Likes

Herman would be the best bet for asu or Nebraska. They could get him in quick and no payout. If they can get him

1 Like

I say we move Dunn to head coach and send gundy to ASU he’s pretty clean. Doesn’t have all those conference championship trophies hanging all over him and even cleaned up that stupid colored joe dirt mullet.

2 Likes

Whole other tying?

You anti-gundy people wear me out. How many coaches do you see that can recruit 3* recruits and consistently finish in the top 25? Go hire a scott frost and see how that works out. Otherwise, shut your piehole and clean your room.

3 Likes

Not many are going to want to step into that dumpster fire. I think Mason would. Would be a good hire and have some history. I, too, am ready to see Joe Bob as DC.

2 Likes

After vanderbilt do you think he is that desperate to jump into a dumpster fire. If he fails again he wont get another shot.

1 Like

You just can’t fix stupid on some people :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like