Derek Mason, Kasey Dunn Mentioned as Possible Candidates at Arizona State

You came up with the 6.6 numbers but it is still not listed, why?

Good question. Go find out or find aaaaany source that supports your statement, you doddering old dullard. Show me a ranking with Gundy in it. Unless eeeeevery publication just forgot we existed. Go find SIā€™s. Theyā€™re very interested in us usually.

2 Likes

Fanbuzz

11. Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State Cowboys

Mike Gundy coaches the Oklahoma State Cowboys against Texas Tech.

John E. Moore III via Getty Images

Base salary: $7.5 million

Pardon the hell out of me, he slipped to 11!

2 Likes

Whole lot cheaper then mel tucker.

1 Like

You literally used a random photo to back up your cause? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Itā€™s the friggin photo from the article. A hole

You and everyone else on the get rid of gundy bandwagon. Name a person that is going to come to a program that was in the dumps until gundy took over 15 years ago. Youā€™re Dr Shrum and Weibergā€¦who you hiring that you know, for a fact, that they bring more to the table than gundy?? Name names and a price! IDC how many national championships or conference championships everyone else has had, those coaches arenā€™t coming. Weā€™re not a ā€œbigā€ program. But gundy has put us in the spotlight, singlehandedly! Now, are you going after dave aranda, or matt campbell, or who?? Because those coaches are less than gundy and always in consideration for big program coaches. Theyā€™re not leaving their gig to come to OSU!

2 Likes

Lol okay :joy:

Thereā€™s been something like 25 different power 5 coaches that have won a conference championship in the last 10 years. Itā€™s not like they donā€™t exist.

1 Like

I could care less! Who are you replacing Gundy with? Youā€™ve obviously never ran a business!!

2 Likes

I never ran a business? What is the goal according to Gundy every year? Win the conference. He hasnā€™t met the goal in over 10 years. Yet you want to keep him.

Iā€™m not saying Mike Gundy is the end all, be all. A head coach is like a CEO. Heā€™s not the one making the play to play decisions, but he is the one hiring and developing the people to do that. Heā€™s the one that oversees the organization and leads his people in the best direction he seeā€™s fit. How many OCā€™s (and one DC) have been promoted under his leadership?? I donā€™t always agree with the play calling, but he has developed asst coaches probably as good as anyone other than Saban. He also has less talent to play with. As someone said earlier, rob glass developed their strength. Thatā€™s right, and gundy hired him because heā€™s not a strength coach! Heā€™s the CEO of Oklahoma State football. Itā€™s his job to hire and develop the people to run the system!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll argue with you until iā€™m blue in the face, but heā€™s a great leader, and thatā€™s what his existence here requires him to be. Again, who is the next scott frost? Dabo has sucked since Trevor graduated. Bryan Harsin at Auburn was supposed to be great. Heā€™ll be fired by the end of the year. You have to find a good fit in every way for a HC to be successful. I would bet sabin couldnā€™t do as much at OSU as gundy has. He doesnā€™t have the talent pool. Gundy has been successful! Heā€™s a good fit and deserves to stick around until he chooses his own successor.

2 Likes

Baylor has had 4 coaches in the last 10 years and won 3 conference titles. Name me a coach that canā€™t win as many conference titles as Gundy has in the last 10 years?

1 Like

First and foremost, you havenā€™t named one coach that youā€™re going to replace gundy with and what the cost will be. Secondly, how do you guarantee that they can win with 3*'s? Lastly, youā€™re correct, they have won 3 conf championships. 2 under briles 8 and 9 years ago, and this one under aranda last year. They also won two entire games (2) the year before. How many times has gundy ever done that?

3 Likes

Where youā€™re screwing up in your thot process is that yes, I want the pokes to win nattyā€™s and conf championships. Would love that more than anything. But I also donā€™t want them to be a Nebraska or a Florida State, Miami, etc. I want consistency. Not a couple good years, then change coaches and fall apart.

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather be up and down with winning conference titles then never win one for decades.
So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re underestimating some programs urge to win now instead of later. Just telling you itā€™s not improbable for them to do such a thing.

I will say that Iā€™m impressed with what Baylor has done in hiring coaches. They appear to me as being one of the best in the nation at that task.

2 Likes

Ask scott frost how that worksā€¦
Build a program first.

3 Likes