Despite Offseason Turnover, OSU's Offensive Line Might be Better in 2022

Originally published at: Despite Offseason Turnover, OSU's Offensive Line Might be Better in 2022 | Pistols Firing

Gundy lauds O-line’s depth, versatility and conditioning.

1 Like

I have felt good since the end of the season. Yes we lost some guys but hot guys as good or better. Its all up to injuires. We should have a good soild 10. With covid we could haveost for a few years. Hunter is the only one with just 2 years if he wants.

This should trickle down to protection and rbs. Then with sanders leaving( maybe) the new qb will have a very veteran unit baring transfers. We do need to pick up some more young guys.

2 Likes

We had better hope it is, we haven’t had a good O-line since Wickline left. If we hadn’t had mobile QBs in Corndog and Sanders we’d probably be at .500 over the last 5 seasons…

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it. It always seems our line is an injury or two away from disaster….

2 Likes

Always?

1 Like

Our line “might” be better? How can it be worse???

1 Like

Dud your just got so much hate. We had the least sackin the league last year. Come on man

1 Like

I think the offensive line got a bad rap early. It evened out. Wasn’t world-beating, but it was solid. Yes, it was too thin and when Godlevske went down, it looked significantly worse against the best D tackle in the league.

2 Likes

Sorry Bro. Kid gloves are off. Gundy needs to do something meaningful this season. Maybe he could take some of that $7.5 million contract and start paying to get better recruits? If I had as much money as he does I could definitely donate a years salary to pay some 4 and 5 stars to show up.

1 Like

You obviously have no idea how the NIL works. Gundy cannot pay players because he’s a coach.

2 Likes

I know this. It was a joke. Obviously coaches can’t pay kids. :roll_eyes:

Dude i think you said the kid gloves were off i didnt feel a thing.

So what is meaningful 12 wins title game and a big6 Fiesta win is a walk inthe park. Dude your talkin natty, im with you lets beat saban in a natty game. You do know if gundy won a natty you guys would see and hear the Arkansas waterfall for years.

1 Like

Saban would have to be in the same mental capacity as Biden before Gundy could beat him.

1 Like

So just a head of you

1 Like

Solid??? Not a term I would use. Last year’s was better than the year before and and two years before but that’s not saying it was even close to very good. Unless you’re one of those who use superlatives quite liberally.

That’s hilarious, I don’t care what political party you belong to, hah hah.

First of all, “solid” isn’t a superlative. “The most rock solid line of all time” would be a superlative.

We were able to run the ball enough most of the time and we didn’t give up many sacks. Fewest sacks in the Big 12 would be a fitting and accurate superlative. “That’s just because Sanders had wheels” isn’t enough to explain that. If our line was bad or below average, no amount of wheels would give you the conference low in sacks, I don’t care if you’re Lamar Jackson. I said up front that it wasn’t a world-beater, but it did the job well enough.

2 Likes

Do you think you could pound that through joy head ? Good luck with that. He can’t understand missing 2 OL in the CC wasn’t a big deal

1 Like

If last years season wasn’t “meaningful” then you are going to have to find another team to root for and that pick selection will be limited to just 2-3 teams. good luck!

3 Likes

ONE conference championship in 17 years. And Baylor is set to dominate for years and we are starting a QB that threw 7 INTs against them last season alone. Give me a break DUDE.