Dream 2020 Playoff

Hey, let’s talk … football? Was thinking about this last night while I cleaned the kitchen hashtag dad life. Let’s say OSU gets in the playoff this year, what is you dream four-team scenario that includes OSU? (I guess it would be weird if any of our dream scenarios didn’t include OSU).

2 Likes

Oklahoma State
North Carolina
Georgia
Oregon

3 Likes

The dream scenario also involves us winning the playoff. And since this is shaping up to be a strange season due to the pandemic, I would prefer we win it in the least “astrisk-y” way possible. That means we need the other 3 teams to be Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson. This of course makes the first part of my dream (winning it all) even more difficult. But you did call it a dream scenario…

11 Likes

Oklahoma State
Nebraska
Colorado
Mississippi State

OSU beats Nebraska. Mississippi State beats Colorado (then we can make fun of 2 old foes).

Then it’s a Gundy (maybe?) vs Leach showdown for a National Title. OSU wins in overtime and Leach is offered and immediately accepts a job to be our next head coach. Gundy goes out on top and my hero brings his swords to Stillwater to coach the foosball

3 Likes

Absolutely. All the heavy weights. Magically win it, and then have a full head of steam getting the attention of big time recruits.
nh9k1qzeLf99S

2 Likes

Guessing you’re not a fan of the ‘45 championship?

1 Like

Love the idea of taking out all the big dogs.

But my absolute DREAM would be a redo of the 2011. Osu vs. Stanford and Lsu vs. Bama. Then we beat Lsu for the title!

5 Likes

I agree. But I think we can get a bit more creative with it and still get credibility… so let’s say the PAC 12 doesn’t play outside their conference so we get to reschedule that game to play against Michigan. Say we beat Michigan in a somewhat controversial close game, but then they go on to win out and get the four seed. We win out (it’s a dream scenario so I’m dreaming here) and get the three seed. The other two spots are filled by undefeated Clemson & Georgia, at the one & two respectively.

So first round we play Georgia, who went undefeated in the SEC, and we have an offensive blowout. We beat the Dawgs & Monken, confirming that Dunn > Monken. And then on the other side Michigan beats Clemson decisively and moves on to the finals against us.

The championship is billed as ‘rematch’ and Michigan looks to avenge their only loss on the year while we’re attempting to put the cherry on top of Chuba’s Heisman season. We have a mid-30s scoring game that sees the lead change back and forth consistently throughout the game. We’re up by 2, ~1:00 on the clock, if we get the first down we can kneel it out. We do a quick screen to Stoner, but Dax Hill comes out of nowhere and causes a pass break up. Dax is tipping the ball, attempting to secure the interception, and WHAM - Tylan with his signature blindside ‘block’, levels Dax to ground. The ball goes flying straight up 10 feet, which allows for Sanders to hustle over and catch the rouge ball - thus completing a pass to himself for the first down. Once the first down is secured we kneel it out and win.

Gundy, with full mullet flowing, takes center stage, holds the CFP trophy over head and says “sorry we were a little behind schedule, but I told Mr Pickens it could be done in Stillwater.”

12 Likes

MOAR ORNG KEWLADE

6 Likes

Meh, come back when you’ve put a little more thought into it.

8 Likes

He has had fantasyland dreams each night for 3 months about this Gary, leave him alone

7 Likes

A+ for creativity!
3o72FcJmLzIdYJdmDe

Oklahoma State
Ohio State
Florida
Oregon

Probably not realistic, but it would be nice to not see Alabama and Clemson for a year. This past year with LSU instead of Bama was very refreshing.

1 Like

Actually, I have the unpopular opinion of loving the 45 championship. I just don’t want another asterisk.

1 Like

I get the logic of this, but I’d just love more variety, so I’d go with historically credible teams who haven’t been there before:

OSU
Michigan
USC
Miami

1 Like

11 Likes

My profile pic is cuter. Also, you’re way over the 12 hour time limit on the “entering the chat” meme.

1 Like

Of course yours is! Two animals is more than one animal, Gary. That’s just math.

I reserve the right to exclaim my presence at any time, but if we’re being honest I am really just waiting for that perfect flare up to cause disruption. There just haven’t been many of those lately. I’m afraid to say we might have all become internet friends who don’t bicker anymore. :sunglasses::beers:

1 Like

Time for @ScottCorken and I to head over to the Rona thread and stir some :poop: up then. :rofl:

2 Likes

Oklahoma State beats Michigan State
Boston College beats Colorado
OSU beats BC to win the National Championship

1 Like