Early Big 12 Exit by OU, Texas Seems Dead; League Discussing Potential Gonzaga Addition

A large quantity of OU fans feel like OU & TX were/are getting shafted by the league. In football, they believe it’s in the form of 11am kickoffs & holding penalties called on OU & a lack of them called on the opponent. It’s comical. I’m an OU fan……but we can be an intolerable bunch

Go get Gonzaga!

Whimper your way out of here. No sympathy to the stealth dogs.

1 Like

@paul1 Stealth dogs? What in the hell is that?

After all the home honey calls OU got through the years.

1 Like

@paul1 Dude, you need to go read the content of what I said before you start chirping. I was making fun of my fellow OU fans. Don’t be so sensitive, Karen

2 Likes

Too much money to be made off revenue to let them go early I’m probably guessing is why or spite. I wish we could bring in Oregon, Norte Dame and Washington. I think that’d be a for sure would would jack up the value. Wishful thinking. I wouldn’t want us to be in the division as them though.

2 Likes

@Dustin12_99yd_punter The apparent word is FOX asking too much to buyout. They’d like to keep OU/TX as long as they can. But I don’t think it’s done yet. This thing has been fluid from the word go.

Oregon, ND & Washington would be a coup. Hell ND & Redlands Comm College would be a coup.

1 Like

Wonder if the Big 10 has closed its doors after losing Warren.

Yea the money is what is keeping them here till the last dog is hung. Spite is just icing on the cake LOL.

1 Like

All the more reason for Yormark to take FOX execs aside and say, “Hey, guys, if you’re going to hold our conference hostage and OU/Tex stay through the entirety of the contract, you need to know our expectation is they won’t be scheduled to play each other during the '24 season.”

Float that surveillance balloon over FOX headquarters and see if they change their tune.

Honestly here. What good would that do for the Conf? That is the marquee game for the Conf. Yormark is a very good business man……not a jealous, butthurt HS girl

It’s 2023 so he could be both these days! :laughing:

1 Like

Like how you identify as a cow and mike strange days indeed

1 Like

okay…Good one?

And not unlike you and Michael13 being the same person.

1 Like

Its funny tomato slice blocked me but talks to Micheal. And billy has said we are different people because we have different feeling about dickey. So you got 2 people that dnt agree with.

Nice try tho

1 Like

The game is good for:

City of Dallas
Texas State Fair
University of Texas
University of Oklahoma

I’m not sure how the game notably benefits the Big 12 Conference. Tell me.

A good businessman recognizes leverage.

@FreeDrop Are you serious? If you think that game doesn’t effect TV ratings, which effect TV dollars, which effect your Conf, which effect your school, which effects your program………then you are clueless.

How does skipping the playing of that game create leverage? A good business man separates business from personal. Yormark doesn’t get to his position by making ignorant decisions based on some people being butthurt that a couple programs left the Conf. OU & TX will likely fulfill their contract and seek greener pastures. They are doing the same thing numerous other schools have done before…….and the same things that Cincinnati, BYU, Houston & UCF are doing by joining the Big 12. Do you have an issue with what those 4 schools are doing?

1 Like
  1. If FOX views OU-Texas as it’s “ratings grabber” Big 12 showpiece but then knows the game isn’t going to happen, would they soften their position on allowing an earlier exit?

2. If the City of Dallas knew it was about to lose a $50M weekend, would it add a few million to the “kitty” to allow the early exit and OU-Texas happens in '24 as part of SEC schedule?

3. OU-Texas would not make or break the Big 12 schedule. If OU and Texas draw the most eyeballs, wouldn’t it be arguably even more beneficial to have them playing at separate, fresh Big 12 venues?

Try something new Sicle: instead of ridiculing and name-calling, try to think from a different perspective. For example, why would the Big 12, in it’s second year of 14-team scheduling, automatically allow two defecting schools in their final year to dictate the schedule?

And, with that, I’m going to the newly-discovered “mute” feature to be done with your Sooner propaganda once and for all.

While Notre Dame to the Big 12 is wishful thinking (a wish I share as well), I think there’s a decent chance of Oregon and Washington ending up in the Big 12.
If the reports of the PAC 12 negotiations are accurate, then that conference is in deep sh*t. Only 25 million per school and Amazon would be the Tier 1 distributor. Reportedly, Oregon, Washington, and the Arizona schools are refusing to sign their GOR for this deal.
Also, the Big 10 might not want to expand anymore for the foreseeable future. After all, it was Kevin Warren’s idea to add USC and UCLA and he’s leaving.
With all that combined, Oregon and Washington might decide to join the Big 12. The money and visibility would be better than the proposed PAC deal, they would be the two biggest brands in the new Big 12, and the new Big 12 TV deal is only for 6 years.
I think if this were to happen in the next few months, that might be enough to appease the networks and allow OU and Texas to leave a year early.

4 Likes