Early Big 12 Exit by OU, Texas Seems Dead; League Discussing Potential Gonzaga Addition

Sooner propaganda :joy::joy::joy:

Tomato slice is a uo homer he will justify anything uo does wrong.

1 Like

**** If FOX views OU-Texas as it’s “ratings grabber” Big 12 showpiece but then knows the game isn’t going to happen, would they soften their position on allowing an earlier exit?” Why would the Big 12 simply allow OU/TX to walk away without penalty?*** Why would the Big 12 forego scheduling its marquee Conf game? Both of those are moronic ideas

• If the City of Dallas knew it was about to lose a $50M weekend, would it add a few million to the “kitty” to allow the early exit and OU-Texas happens in '24 as part of SEC schedule?” Why would the city of Dallas pay a Conf to schedule a game that is already going to happen? Again……a moronic idea.

• OU-Texas would not make or break the Big 12 schedule. If OU and Texas draw the most eyeballs, wouldn’t it be arguably even more beneficial to have them playing at separate, fresh Big 12 venues?” OU-TX is the marquee Conf matchup. Period. INTENTIONALLY foregoing that game would be ……moronic. You think you could make that revenue/ratings up by having OU-BYU or TX-UCF? No. You cannot.

Why would the Big 12 want/allow OU/TX to leave early?

Are you actually dumb enough to think @robert28 and I are the same person you haven’t read our posts. We think similar but not all the same

1 Like

@CowPokeMike22 they might not be the same but Michael 13 hasn’t had an original thought since he got on here. Just Robert’s mini me.

1 Like

Jug why do you even try , you get big mad when we lay it on you too hard and go off and pout :smile:
Don’t blame us for your lack of originality :joy::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

For a guy who spends all day holding tails or a broom you think you could come up with more then wheres the titles.

1 Like

If somehow some way the Big 12 was petty enough to not schedule OU vs TX the two schools would scramble to set up the game as non conference. It would still generate the revenue for the two schools and the Big 12 would just look incompetent…. Actually that sounds pretty much like what they would do.

The arrogance of OU and Texas on their way out the door, with a 14-team scheduling task, to think they will dictate their game on the second weekend in October is so typical.

The end goal is to get these two programs to the SEC in '24. The Big 12 could say “these two schools won’t be scheduled to play each other in '24.” The Big 12 could say “as we work to fairly and equitably build the '24 schedule for all members, there is no guarantee OU and Texas will be a scheduled.”

Either statement would have FOX execs take notice. And might be enough for FOX to get out of the way.

What if the two teams scrambled and scheduled a September contest? What does that do for the Texas State Fair? Who televises the game? LHN Network? :slight_smile: And one team is guaranteed a loss before even entering Big 12 play. Lawsuits a’plenty, for sure. Possibly even injunctions.

Yormark and the Big 12 will probably stay on the high road and allow the history of the game to continue. But the thought of going nuclear is enticing.

I really can live with 1 more of inconveniences if uo and down horns feel the pain. It would be nice to have them pay for a year.

1 Like

“The arrogance of OU and Texas on their way out the door, with a 14-team scheduling task, to think they will dictate their game on the second weekend in October is so typical.”

What has OU/TX done or said in regards to scheduling that gives this statement any truth whatsoever? I’m not sure if you’re aware of how leagues work, but you may go check out some other Conferences & how they treat some rivalry games.

I’m tired of hearing about these two. I want them gone but not before paying up.

3 Likes

If ou and texas are the adults in the room why do neither post their 23 schedule on the school sites

1 Like

To hell with Fox and their money, the fan bases of the remaining teams (the ones who will keep paying Fox after OU/Texas leave), want y’all out now. Well…maybe not all of em. Just me. :joy:

@travis5266 I get that from a fan perspective. No argument here.

1 Like

@bruce4 Completely get that sentiment from a fans perspective.

They aren’t the adults. What gave you that idea?

Mite want to reread my note. I lead with " if "i do notice some guys dnt get sarcasm easily. Lol

1 Like

Sorry, my fault. I should’ve caught it. Usually I’m better at it.

1 Like