Edge Rusher Billy Walton Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/edge-rusher-billy-walton-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

Walton becomes the highest-ranked commitment in OSU’s 2023 class.

2 Likes

Great pick up. He was wanted by some big names. Another reason rankings are not always rite.

Keep trucken. Just 6. Love to get that lineman what’s his name Lucas. Got some cb. We need to land Mohammed and Randall.

4 Likes

Wait until Joey reads our highest rated recruit is only a three star recruit. This might be the one that sends him over the deep end. Hopefully with some dive weights.

2 Likes

I like beating out Texas Tech and TCU in recruiting….beating the Longhorns and the Aggies is icing on the cake!

3 Likes

It’s funny joy thinks we dnt recruit like the bb.
Why were they all after a 3 star

1 Like

Or an empty pool somewhere :cowboy_hat_face: Joey will say he’s not as good as a 4 star :roll_eyes:

Looks like a solid pick up in paper. Need some LBs and hybrid safeties for this new defense.

1 Like

Shaping up to be a class with potential. Already got the headlining QB then focused early in the trenches.

2 Likes

A player who chooses Stillwater over Austin says a lot in many ways. Compliment to the program. He knows he will play a lot of OSU, but that is not a given at Texas because of the competition. Someone gave him some good advice. I’m sure the OSU scrimmage was not the deciding factor. The boys on the podcast were not impressed with Saturday’s event. I actually admire Gundy for not forcing a spring game when so many guys were out with injuries. But the injury bug already biting guys just in a scrimmage. I hope that is not coming attractions for the season.

1 Like

This kid is a cousin to Mohammed. Mohammed is related to every body. See if we can get his other cousin

1 Like

I never said three stars can’t be good. All I’ve ever said is better recruits more often then not succeed. Then you guys wonder why we haven’t been able to win a conference title for 10 years? Even when OU has a slight down year and Texas hasn’t been any good for over a decade?

Joy you can try and back track your statement. But, everyone knows you hate 3 stars and walk on. I wild that random fans come on he and say these things about your recruiting ideas. Everyone know higher recruits is better. But you never said anything about last years class that nearly half hand at least 1 4star ranking from a site and 6 composite 4 stars.
We now you would have to say gundy had a good year.

1 Like

How many power 5 conference champions have had zero 4☆ and 5☆?

1 Like

Jug your a more on.
What did my post say.
No where did we say we want no 4 stars.
Only that you two :clown_face: dnt like 3 stars

1 Like

And you can’t find a time when I’ve said I don’t like 3☆ but you can’t win the conference without 4☆. It also takes more than 1 or 2 each year, Gundy has proved that.

1 Like

Jug by u saying you can’t win with 23 or 24 3 stars proves you dnt like 3 stars.
How does Texas and ou last year prove your point,?
Both school have 4 years of top 10 ranking classes. Only 1 could squeeze by with a winning record. Usc proves you wrong constantly.
You and Joy say coaches like saban are great coaches. So just the fact they have high recruits is just a side bar. They dnt need good players, because of their coaching abilities.

1 Like

If I hate them so much why did I say some become really good players? All I’ve ever said is that in most cases when recruiting is better the team will be better. I don’t just make that statement up. If that weren’t true then Clemson wouldn’t have two national titles recently.

What are we winning? One NY6 bowl over the last 10 years? Even Texas has that. It depends on what the goal is. If the goal is a championship you need more than one or two four stars in a recruiting cycle. Otherwise, all you’ll do is win 9-10 games at most and find yourself in the Alamo or Cheez-it bowl more often than not. Nobody said you can’t win with them. All AR said was to name him how many conference champions there are that recruit nothing but three stars.

Joy by you saying a team does better with better players is pathetic. It’s like Fite club, no one talks about Fite club. Your tge only one that seem to think you did to say It. I know you won’t understand this. You think your a genius telling us a top-secret process only told to 33th level masons.
We win game with a 3 stars. I know that to you is nothing but go to norman

1 Like

Look at the oxymoron in that statement for just a moment. It’s not the case always, but most of the time it is.