ESPN+ peasants

This. The viewing experience for streaming is overall terrible.

And when there are 10+ games on at the same time, it’s extremely beneficial to bounce around and check on other games quickly. Good luck doing that with streaming.

1 Like

My issue with ESPN+ thus far has been that it’s an incomplete package. It’s a necessity of the moment because we are in the middle of the move but as more and more negotiations start coming up we are going to see the ability of companies like Disney to move to where the entire offering will be available over a subscription service like ESPN+. Right now you gotta pay the cable/sat company AND Disney to get everything and that really isn’t a good long term deal. Of course as the content expands so will the cost of the service which will cause other complaints. Ultimately I think it is a move in the correct direction, but the whole landscape makes the best arrangement pretty impossible to achieve at this point.

1 Like

For anyone interested, Buffalo Wild Wings does appear to carry espn+ games.

Not in Owasso.

BUMP this thread.

Enough of the company holding media rights hostage and not delivering on their promises. Burn ESPN down.

!

Can we talk about ESPNU not being on YouTubeTV or ESPN+ yesterday for hoops as well? I had to watch some random stream from Reddit.

1 Like

Most of WBB, maybe a quarter of softball games, and over half of the baseball games are going to be on ESPN+. The wrestling thing today stinks, but I feel like coverage is expanding. I’ve been fairly satisfied with ESPN+. The production issues from time to time are annoying, but that’s an OSU issue…

From reading that tweet interaction with my old pal Lee it looks like Gavin doesn’t really give a crap and we need a better voice for these topics. The dude straight up offered to help him financially and he was just giving canned responses that looked like he was mocking him.

2 Likes

It’s not just the wrestling issue. I believe the % of games in a sport offered was better a couple years ago. Now, they offer more sports but it seems like a smaller % of each one.

Also, they should make replays on any ESPN network available via ESPN+. I’d play $8 or $10/mo if I could watch any OSU game, live or replayed. Until then I’ll probably never pay for it again. I’d pay for Sling or another sports streaming service before I do ESPN+.

Gavin has irritated me for years regarding football. While he doesn’t get under my skin like gundy, he’s someone I’d prefer see replaced.

Maybe I’m reading too much into it. I went through his other tweets and he seems to just generally stay on par with OSU sports talk.

ESPNU is on YouTubeTV…

It wasn’t yesterday for some reason. Maybe it’s not in Dallas?

Strange.

Mens tennis won’t be on espn+ today.

It’s was on my YouTube TV, so it wasn’t a Dallas area thing. That’s weird.

1 Like

Yeah, Gavin sucks.

So Gavin is pretty much just communications? I guess I’m curious on more context to why people don’t like him. Those tweets were off putting for sure.

YouTubeTv played the game, but at least down here it was listed as Ohio State vs Indiana, which I think was playing on espn at the same time.
I didn’t see our game on the schedule, so tried espn plus, but after google told me YouTubeTv did have espnu i found it.
Helps to have the app record all college games

1 Like