PFB+ Wrestling (Part 1)

This Twitter thread between our old friend Lee and Gavin Lang perfectly encapsulates OSU’s unwillingness to properly support our wrestling program and Gavin’s inability to give a straight answer about absolutely anything.

3 Likes

Yeesh I’ve heard fans complain about Gavin a good bit and now I understand why. Dude seems like a complete tool.

1 Like

Also what? How does the greatest wrestling program ever not have the infrastructure in place to televise two mats at the same time?

3 Likes

I think we would all take one mat at this point even…just ridiculous

1 Like

If anyone is going, would love a FB live stream. At least for AJ semi and Daton matches lol

1 Like

I was so deeply disappointed in ESPN+ this year that I canceled not even 1 month into my subscription this year. Last year and the year prior we were served up most of our games in all sports but basketball and football, which i get, but this year has been horsesh!t.

ESPN+ was more like ESPN-

I hope espn falls to their competitors. They’ve spent so much money sorting acquiring rights that they’ve had to last off quality people and can’t afford to deliver on their promises. Unfortunately they own so many rights for the next 5 years I’m disappointed that we’ll be set back to the days before streaming.

3 Likes

I haven’t read any rights, but I know in years past, if the main contract (ESPN in this case) elects not to pick up the matches, someone else can. So the quarters and semi not being covered is on OSU if ESPN didn’t want to. If it still works that way. I would happily pay another 10-20 to osu to be able to watch just today. Just like I paid UALR for the one day sub. This is an osu fail IMO.

1 Like

I might be spending the night in GIA.

7 Likes

Also big yikes from Mastro. He wrestled really aggressively in the third, but it was too little, too late.

1 Like

Lmao at the cowboy Twitter account posting we can all follow along at track. Oh, lucky us! Track is the worst.

Yes I’m still very upset I cannot watch.

I’m pretty sure my computer caught 17 different viruses navigating that site and i still have no clue where the updates are :rofl: …The OSU wrestling twitter updates are great for duals, but impossible to stay on top of with these open tournaments.

1 Like

Something that needs to stay in the Chamber, but I’ve been told Gavin Lang doesn’t like John Smith. I have no idea why, but I’ve heard it from a couple people actually.

7 Likes

I call BS on about half the stuff he says there. You don’t have the infrastructure to film two mats? How about you stream one then? And money? High schools provide streams to their events and they don’t have any money at all? Seems like a cop-out.

16 Likes

They could literally use two cellphones.

11 Likes

I was just about to say that, a cellphone and periscope. Boom, you’re streaming.

1 Like

Very frustrating. I’ve been listening to classic rock (I think- never been good with the eras) and church on Stillwater radio, 93.7 and 780/94.3 for the past hour hoping that the Rex Holt coverage will start to no avail. I wonder why they aren’t broadcasting it at least on the radio?

I don’t know anything about this guy and live out of state, but , if true, how do you let someone (seems like a mid level administrator???) control a sport or a person with a personal agenda make decisions? This seems like the tail wagging the dog and a bad plan on multiple levels. I wish we could do better.

I am disappointed I can’t see this tournament- just watched PSU - Michigan on B1G network.

2 Likes

Are we doing a consi bracket?

I don’t believe so.

For the hope of me being able to drive home, I hope not.