ESPN's Paul Finebaum on Bedlam Split: 'Nobody Cares. We're Talking About Stillwater, Oklahoma'

Take Bedlam away across all sports for all time. Both AD’s have said it’s done. Leave it alone. We cannot end football (which we lose 80% of the time) but keep wrestling (which we win 90% of the time). That’s hypocritical. And pointless. The two schools should never schedule each other ever again, regardless of sport. The only time the two should ever meet is in direct path to an NCAA championship.

I’ve been alive for 40 years of Bedlam football. Believe me when I say that it has caused me much more pain and anger than it ever has happiness. The rise of the program under Gundy has not and won’t ever change that. The joy of owning OU in any other sport doesn’t alter or lessen the negative impact of what they’ve done against OSU in the one sport, football, that holds the key to everything else going on.

I personally am beyond thrilled to see Bedlam end.

I too was at ‘76 wrestling Bedlam. Sophomore year. Unforgettable. Should have been studying Organic though.

1 Like

@beer Yea I was down on the floor next to the mat. My ears are still bleeding from the noise.

1 Like

Deafening wasn’t it !!! :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

You do know its no football bedlam is called bedlam.

Its said people like you and paul exist. Bedlam is the coolest named series.

Bucket of nail
Skillet
Iron
2 dead beaver
Bucket of used lard

When osu beats uo out of a chance to go forward, you remember. Even tho it happens by other teams.
It like dodger giants. I know i only hate uo when we lose.

1 Like

Best name of the whole bunch. Ketchup stayed long enough to state it’s our fault, I have no idea where the watermelon girl came from … funny that it’s all our fault for them hitching their schooner to the longhorn and crossing the Mississippi….

1 Like

Texas 1 point worse than Bama
Texas 3 points worse than Tortilla Tech

All the proof needed for SEC Superiority ® ?

2 Likes

Allthe hype about venerable making the tuff. Was just hype. Ksu just ran rite at them. Even the passes wete the long.

1 Like

There’s probably flashes of it, but no coach turns a team around in one year.

2 Likes

They look more physical to me, there’s still a lot to learn though with a whole new coaching staff. We were honestly just fortunate we only had to replace Knowles and not the entire defensive staff.

4 Likes

Yea to be fair OU was pretty decimated after last year.

Right. That’s what I mean. Their team was broken up and their defensive fundamentals were bad. Venables wasn’t just going to magic that into a worldbeater.

1 Like

Go read their board, they think they replaced all the ones who left with better players ?!! Comical :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Even if that were true (definitely not at WR and QB), there’s still chemistry that you can’t just manifest.

2 Likes

The QB isn’t accurate on long passes. He misses badly unless wide asx open. WC they still have some talent. Their Dline looked really bad, KState absolutely mauled them. I noticed KSTATE doubled on some plays and pulled a TE , it was a good game plan. Oh you know their board, no one is better than them, plus any players that goes there is a 5 star. They slobber all over them till they leave and then trash the hell out of them. Typical goons

1 Like

@jake4 @michael13

Im not reall big on the portal. Ksu has been trying to rebuild their defense every year with portal guys… ou and Tennessee swapped 2 cb last year. Its hard to fill alot of wholes even if you know there good players.
Martin came to us and couldnt get on the field but had lots of yards at wsu.

Ou had to because of the numbers they lost. I still feel gundy is rite to use it to fill holes, not build a team. Riley mite but its not for everyone

No I don’t want to build the team with the portal, like you said we use it to fill holes where we are thin like the OL …. We have had 4-5 good DB come in that were good for us and even went to the league. I’ll take all those we can get. All other positions are guys being in the system for awhile
It’s difficult to keep 2 good qbs when both think they should start. I watched Nevada the other night , did Illingworth get beat out or hurt. The guy they were playing wasn’t much. KSTATE has always used jucos to build. Snider did , not sure this guy can

1 Like

Right. You want team cohesion. Depth with the hope that they’ll play a few years or filling holes is where it’s best employed.

2 Likes

Yea well we know how delusional Sooner fans are. They got a little sooner derangement syndrome going on.

2 Likes

You reminded me of how good K-state seems to always utilize their tight-ends. I kind of wish we could move that direction some. I know it is tough to do because we usually have so many excellent WR’s its hard to give targets to the TE.

1 Like