Fiesta Bowl Game Thread - OSU vs. Notre Dame šŸˆ

Letā€™s Go!!!

Notre Dame is 0-7 in NY6 bowls.

9 Likes

Need to figure out the logistics on this one. Would like to go since itā€™s Notre Dame.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll be in Phoenix for Christmas but canā€™t stretch the trip to New Years. Iā€™ll be watching at home.

Looks pricey for an 11am Fiesta Bowl game with flights to a hub. I think Iā€™ll sit this one out even though that matchup is fun for our program.

1 Like

Letā€™s beat them so badly, they fire their new head coach. Then let them hire Brent Venables as their new new head coach!

2 Likes

I will forever hate that we lost the Big 12 to freaking Baylor, but this is so much better than playing Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl

11 Likes

How so?

I would much rather play in New Orleans at night. Easier game to attend and better city to see a bowl game in.

2 Likes

I hate playing Ole Miss. Notre Dame is a fun New matchup

11 Likes

I get that part - but if you travel a lot for games itā€™s meh.

1 Like

I literally was planning on flying back from Phoenix on the firstā€¦guess Iā€™m leaving on the second now

11 Likes

Ok come at me now with my previous publicized fantasy of getting Notre Dame. I think a Fiesta Bowl Notre Dame win could be better than a blowout first round loss in the CFP. Could is italicized in that I still would have rather had a Big12 Championship. But imagine what a win against ND in the Fiesta could do for OkState recruiting and branding? Please, Lord, let the Oline get healthy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I go to Phoenix all the time for work, would rather have been able to visit another city. That being said, Iā€™ll be going. Will be awesome to watch a game against Notre Dame.

Pretty much the matchup is fun but the bowl is lackluster. Not the same as 2011.

1 Like

Kiss of death. Never mention statsā€¦

1 Like

I agree with you, but are we spoiled in thinking that a new years six matchup is lack luster?

No, that has more to do with the playoffs.

1 Like

Heck no. Tons of Texas Bowl, Alamo Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl, Liberty Bowl, etc. Any New Years 6 is a blessing ā€“ showing my age, here. #KnowlesToFiesta

12 Likes

Unless the bowl is a playoff or in Texas, Iā€™m not really going out of my way for it. Rose and Sugar might be the exceptions but thatā€™s it.

1 Like

If you are an outdoors-y type, there is a ton to do on a road trip to Arizona in just seeing national and state parks within driving distance. Again, showing my age in that I like those kinds of tourist activities over the NOLA party scene or the Disney complex in Orlando. But I could definitely see how young college students would prefer NOLA.

5 Likes

Thank you. Sick of the Camping World nonsense. We got a NY6 bowl and people should turn out. This doesnā€™t happen often for us.

15 Likes