Fiesta Bowl Game Thread - OSU vs. Notre Dame šŸˆ

Not to mention I just shelled out $160 on Big 12 Championship tickets. Iā€™m not sure I can justify spending that much again.

3 Likes

On Priceline, right now, to go on the 30th and come back on the 2nd (Memphis -> Phoenix), itā€™s $740 on Frontier Airlines. Thatā€™s the overall lowest flight, regardless of carrier.

31st to the 2nd, $791.

Itā€™s really frustrating because I wanted to go to the bowl game, havenā€™t been to a big one since the 2003 Cotton Bowl.

1 Like

I may have gotten the last cheaper flight. Booked through Expedia a while ago.

Might check Southwest.

9 Likes

Eh, can get round trip from DFW to PHX on the 31st/2nd for $600. Not too shabby

Havenā€™t watched ND play this year. Iā€™m just hoping they donā€™t have a Dline like Baylorā€™s
We definitely need to get better there. But hell yes Iā€™m excited to be playing them. If we beat them maybe it will take a little sting from the CC loss

1 Like

Notre Dame has a real good defense and an iffy offense. Sound familiar?

2 Likes

Someoneā€™s gonna be in for a rude awakening.

1 Like

On paper this is a 17-14 type game. Rock fight. Bring it!

5 Likes

We should have just about everyone back and 3 weeks to prepare, plus they lost their head coach to LSU. Should be a good game with us on top.

3 Likes

That poor ND QB. Heā€™s in for the street-fight of his life now! Stupid reporter.

4 Likes

I think ND will come out hard for their new coach.

If we can weather the storm and only spot them 7-10 points rather than 14-21 then weā€™ll be in good shape

11 Likes

Yeah, my first thought was they will be on fire for their new coach.

1 Like

Fly in and out of Vegas and drive. Cheaper flights and rental cars and parlay New Yearā€™s Eve in Sin City!

2 Likes

They arenā€™t that good

2 Likes

not only did Baylor ruin our CFP hopes theyā€™ve also ruined our pockets too. NOLA, Dallas, and Miami (for me) were all better and more affordable. the Fiesta Bowl is the only NY6 bowl game I didnā€™t sign up for tickets for from Okstate and it really worked out.

8 Likes

Yup, plane tickets to all of them are cheap.

(Except Fiesta)

Agreed.

Lol Check Miami hotels - that was going to be the most expensive option

Well, if you live in the state of Oklahoma vicinity, you could rent a cheap high gas mileage vehicle and drive 15-ish hours one way on a very boring I-40. Sounds terrible until factoring in waiting a couple hours at airport, flight next to someoneā€™s screaming child, do a layover, fly again, arrive, and then get a car, etc. At $3.50 gallon and a high mileage vehicle, it would be about $180 round trip in gas. Did I sell anyone on this idea yet? :rofl:

3 Likes