Fiesta Bowl Rundown: What Mike Gundy Said in His First News Conference in Phoenix

The point is Gundy just lost an excellent DC, and if not for Knowles and his halftime adjustments Gundy is more than likely sitting at 6-6 or 7-5 instead of 11-2.

Even Bob Simmons and Les Miles would’ve came up with a better idea at the goal line.

Let’s invert that Knowles held us back in 2018. U really love results. Was it really Knowles ur the players u do know only 2 of the players were recruited were recruited by Knowles. And I mean recruited when Knowles was here. Knowles has shown here and at Duke with out players his defense really not that good.

1 Like

Guess we’ll find out against Notre Dame.

Wonder how many guys we are going to be with out because of the VID? Probably a few I would think.

These bowl games have been really hard to watch. Think people are now seeing the lack of value in these games.

You are correct the Defense was instrumental in OSU’s success this year. Conversely in other years it has been the offense that has been carrying load. We are always going to be better on one side of the ball than the other. Sometimes the degrees difference will be larger sometimes they will be smaller. So with these facts what is your point?

2 Likes

That’s just plain conjuncture on your part. Doesn’t make it valid or true.

2 Likes

Yea anyone testing positive from here forward won’t be playing in the game. It’s kind of sad as I hear that omicron symptoms are minor and are generally over in a day or two. Athletes play all the time with cold’s and the flu but because of all the hysteria over covid’s transmissibility they can’t play even though the symptoms are the same or less

2 Likes

Is there a reason we can’t be solid on both sides? Other teams find a way to do it. That just leads me to believe we have a player development and coaching problem on one side of the ball.

Giving three scholarships over to the other side of the ball shouldn’t automatically constitute a lack of development and coaching on the offensive side. That’s just null and void. It’s not a legitimate excuse at all for the lack of creativity on offense or player execution.

Unless your 2011 Alabama or 2019 LSU it’s going to be difficult to win a championship of any kind when your offense can’t get to the 20 point marker. What the last three years has shown me on offense is that we are finding new ways to figure out how to be inconsistent. If we get stuck with an average HB we’ve proven we can’t move the ball forward against a decent defense.

What was the common theme with our last two previous defensive coordinators? We fired them!!! Why? Because they didn’t produce.

All starts with the head of the snake. That head of the snake just happens to sanders. Need to cut it off. There’s no excuse why he should be starting unless we have nobody better behind him bette and if we do than the one in charge is at fault for not seeing it and lacks the balls to pull him for a better one. A big promblem I think is the evaluation and the recruiting of quarterbacks and or the lack of making them better while on campus over a span of years. O yea, can’t forget about the continuation of development of our o-line as well.

Gundy is a good coach but he is not a championship caliber coach. There’s a fine line between those two. I think gundy had it in him years ago when he had that fire like most young coaches do. I’ve seen him get soft his latter years on his kids. When you get older you loose testosterone which I call fire. It’s a funny thing. He loves on his players more and is way more lenient on his players which makes that fine line between championship caliber and just a winning season coach. This is why you see people going after younger coaches all the time. It’s just science.

1 Like

Who hired Knowles Joey ? Wasn’t he responsible for bringing him in 

we offered him close to double his salary, Gundy doesn’t make the decisions on an assistant salary. Don’t blame him for that. tOSU just has a lot more money to offer, yet the way Day hires and fires he may not last two years. Hasn’t out offense carried us for 8-9 years. Gundy and the strength coach get more outa players than anyone, player development hasn’t been the problem

1 Like

Come on Jeff it’s whether you have a Type A personality or not about the fire. Losing testosterone as you get older is if you work out or do hard labor which helps keep your testosterone levels up. I do wish he got n a players a&& more than he does

1 Like

Having Matt Campbell level emotion or close to it I think would go a long way with perception in my opinion. Watching Gundy on the sideline he looks like he doesn’t care half the time when something positive or negative happens.

1 Like

Thats the weirdest thing u guys bring up. First I dnt think in today environment getting excited every time something ur team does wrong is going to work.
Second, when a ref is doing something wrong gundy gets excited.
U can look at coaches over the years. Take Tom Landry, guy didn’t show any emotion.
I think u guys watch to much basketball. They get excited all the game. Smaller court.
But if u really think that is the case then u need a new basketball coach he doesn’t get to excited either.

1 Like

Nowhere did I say excited Roberto. I said show emotion. Learn to read.

1 Like

I think u need to learn what words mean. Did u mean u what gundy crying or laughing.
Ur really going to attack like a genius over those two words. Joey is great at confusing words and meaning. Like 11 and 2 is a great year.
A coach throwing down a clip board emotionally got excited.

1 Like

ex·cit·ed
/ikˈsīdəd/

1. very enthusiastic and eager.
    “they were excited about the prospect”

I think you’re confused. Go back to the trailer and get some rest Roberto.

1 Like

Look moron
First, u never even proved showing emotions would make any coach win more. That’s u first screw up. And really should shut u up.
Second u have never seen a person get mad and some one said they were excited.
When ur mom is yelling at u about ur dirty room. U dnot telling her to calm down and dnot get excited.

1 Like