Fiesta Bowl Rundown: What Mike Gundy Said in His First News Conference in Phoenix

Joey likes the pirate coach too but recent events may have cooled his jets on him as well

2 Likes

:thinking: Maybe. He seems pretty stubborn though. Might be unwilling to admit his evaluation of pirate coach > Gundy was incorrect.

2 Likes

Being wrong never bothers Joey. He just ignores the question and moves on to the next mistake.

1 Like

Joey always has excuses for leach. Sunny was in his eyes, doesn’t have as good as players, covid, refs. Never hear so many when it comes to leach

1 Like

Texas thinks the same as you do: keep firing coaches if they don’t produce.

2 Likes

:joy: good point :point_up_2:

It’s like putting on a recording every ■■■■ day of the same ole chit. It’s an all day bashing on Gundy , Joey thinks we won lots of championships before Gundy. Last one I remember was Stanley’s team, then we went on probation. The ‘11 was the last one. Keep those posts up Joey , you are endearing yourself to Poke fans :rofl:

1 Like

Here comes the diarrhea of the mouth from Joey.

2 Likes

He spent his first three years trying to build a team. He built one last year and

he’s struggling this year. Your concept is null and void. Do you think Gundy should get fired when he goes 7-6 after a 10 win season? I would bet your answer is no. So do you think we should fire Boynton after this season when he won us our first tourney game in 12 years last season? Do you see how hypocritical that is? Of course you don’t. Because your blinded by Gundy logic.

Did Campbell not beat Gundy this year? Remember how you bragged about Gundy beating Iowa State last season? Was Gundy or Campbell in the Big 12 title game last season? It works both ways Robert. You can’t brag about Gundy beating Campbell last year when it wasn’t Gundy who made the Big 12 title game last season. If that’s the case then I should be able to brag about Campbell beating Gundy this year.

Did they finish the drive? Nope!!! That’s what you get though when you aren’t used to winning championships and a coach who possesses the strategy of “playing not to lose”.

The only diarrhea coming out of anyone’s mouth is Gundy’s. He needs to stop trying to convince us how to create championship caliber football when he doesn’t coach like it and can’t win championships.

Yet he’s still better than your suggested replacements of Pirate coach and Matt Campbell.

2 Likes

Did Mississippi State or Iowa State get cut a check by an alum billionaire?

Quit being a jealous Joey. It has to be a sad life to root against the team you’re supposedly a fan of. Honestly do you want OSU to lose against ND just so you can show up on a message board and say see Gundy stinks?

2 Likes

No, I don’t hope that at all. I just hope our defensive players do well enough the entire game to make sure Gundy doesn’t lose since Knowles had to do it almost the entire season.

Okay. You are aware Gundy has some responsibility in how good the defense plays. He did make a decision a few years ago to put more emphasis on that side of the ball. He did make a decision to recruit more scholarship players on that side of the ball. It’s past my bedtime :sleeping:. Hopefully OSU shows up and plays well and beats a good Notre Dame team in a couple days. If that happens surely you won’t come on here and bellyache the entire off season. Good night Joe.

2 Likes

All that’s true, but he’s not coaching that side of the ball. He even admitted the entire season he stays out of Jim’s business.

You mean the one where they made him hand off 3 of the 4 last downs and the one pass they did let him throw wasn’t even close. Yeah I watched that part too. Didn’t look like they trust him down close.

1 Like

That’s not the point, try to stay on it for once.

2 Likes

Well I have to admit those runs at the end were perplexing. For starters i don’t know what the OSU coaches knew that made them think that the plays they called gave them their best chance. It would be cool to know the thought process though. In the end though it almost worked. Would a fade pass have been just the ticket? Who knows and there is really no way to know for sure.

1 Like