Five Second-Year Offensive Players With Breakout Potential in 2021

I know, right? Brennan Presley looks promising but Robert wants to limit his possessions (Like Gundy). Then says the playbook only works with ability (Hello Shane Illingworth!!!) and states we have none (Like Gundy). This is exactly why we can’t finish any higher than 3rd in the conference. We don’t have a coach that is able to evaluate the talent we do have and put the team as a whole on a successful path to playing championship caliber football.

So u r both happy with how Sanders works thur his progression ( for joe that means looking at more then 1 reciever). I like shane too. I dnt care which one comes out just if they do it. If gunner is the answer I dnt care. But qb did cost u u guys 2nd or 1st place

1 Like

Oh really? So the TCU loss was Spencer Sanders fault even though we won the turnover battle 5-1? Guess it had nothing to do with Gundy’s predictable offense and the fact that he was outcoached by Patterson like he has been three out of the four past seasons.

Did he do anything with the turnovers
Sanders has bad results scoring on turnovers and redzone. Which was not that problem with the last qb. So in 2 year or 1 gundy has lost how to coach or the qb now can handle it

Good coaches don’t force their players to do things they aren’t capable of doing. They play the game to their player’s strengths. Making the QB that you’ve had on campus for three years try to run something that’s he’s shown you he can’t do consistently for three years isn’t a new line of offensive thinking and doesn’t benefit him or the team as a whole.

Yet, Gundy is going to ride him until he does something he may never be good at in his entire collegiate career. Now is that all Gundy’s fault? Maybe not, but we can certainly say that Sander’s HC isn’t exactly putting him in a position to be more successful. Ever notice that anytime Gundy takes his hands off the offense Sanders tends to look better? That’s because his immediate coaches aren’t stubborn. They know what he is capable of and what he isn’t capable of doing.

1 Like

Joe u have pro e time after time u dnt know what good coach is

1 Like

Anderson is a third-year guy, believe it or not, so he didn’t fit the criteria. But I’m definitely hopeful he can be in for a big year in 2021.

1 Like

Glenn , you’ve never gone hamburger?

1 Like

And you do? Let’s look at something for a moment:

After the game, head coach Tom Allen delivered a remarkable speech, conveying a clear message for his team in the locker room: there was reason to be proud of their performance, and their season was far from over.

“We don’t feel sorry for ourselves,” Allen said. "We didn’t play our best football. You know it, and I know. But you didn’t quit! You didn’t quit! You fought them! You got character! You got something to you!

“We didn’t come here to be close. And I’m ticked off by the result. But I’m proud of you guys. You fought, you fought, and you fought!”

Then there is this:

You had a fourth-and-8 at the OU 39 with about 12 minutes left. It was a three-score game. I thought you might take a shot down the field to try to get it to a two-score game with much of the fourth quarter left. I was a little surprised to see (Tom) Hutton punt. It’s your call. I just wanted to know what prompted that one.

“I think at that point they were pretty much in rush-the-quarterback mode,” Gundy said. “We have a young offensive line, and we were struggling to protect the quarterback even (against) a three-man pressure. They were dropping eight a lot. There really weren’t a lot of places to go. So we punted. Is that when we punted down to the 1-yard line?

Right.

“Just a call on my part based on the flow of the game.”

One coaches team lost by 7 while down by 21 and coached his butt off and nearly made a comeback win against a team that played for the national title. His team ended the season #11 in the country.

One coaches team lost by 28 after being down by 21 because he decided that giving up was better than trying to win at that point. It didn’t even matter that he punted because the other team went on a 99 yard drive anyway, and that same team didn’t make the CFP. His team ended the season #21 in the country.

That’s the difference between an average coach that gives up, and a good coach that keeps playing the game until the final whistle.

1 Like

By criteria do you mean he wasn’t a low 3 star recruit with Cowboy Culture already slammed into his brain before stepping on campus?

You think giving the ball to Presley 25 times a game at 165 lbs he won’t get hammered… idiot

1 Like

If he’s hyped up on Cowboy Culture I’m sure he wouldn’t mind getting it 25 times per game. WV gave Tavon Austin the ball a million times a game and he essentially ran their offense by himself. He later went to the NFL. Gotta play them and get them the ball to know what you have in them.

He was a running back not a receiver, lots of difference in a guy 20 lbs heavier plus the goons defense was trash. They couldn’t tackle me then

1 Like

They still lined him up in the slot too. He was primarily a receiver so you were dead wrong on that. In 2012 he had 114 receptions for almost 1,300 yards and 72 rushes for 673 yards. If your going to comment then please be correct on what you comment.

I am correct, he was in the backfield as much as in the slot but go ahead with your lying and you never answered that he was 20 lbs if not more than Presley. Half the chit you write is lies you made up or heard at the coffee shop​:flushed::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

1 Like

To long to read. I saw repeat crap so no ready
Who is Tom allen

1 Like

If you read what I wrote then you’ll know who Tom Allen is. What’s the problem? Too scared to read it or you can’t read it?

Do you not know the mathematical difference between 114 and 72?

Joe u r a very sick person I spend the least amount of time as I can.

1 Like

I’m a sick person? You go around here calling everyone a moron or idiot all the time for giving very valid opinions and I’m the sick one?