Five Takeaways from OSU Football's 2023 Schedule

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-takeaways-from-osu-footballs-2023-schedule/

An instant reaction to the official 2023 conference schedule.

I like it

3 Likes

Could be worse.

4 Likes

Without knowing what the team overall is going to look like and questions marks seemingly at almost every position I don’t know how this plays out. Don’t know how much talent these other teams return compared to us either.

2 Likes

4-8 here we come. Sucks already knowing we are going to lose the last Bedlam played in Stillwater. I hate this schedule.

1 Like

Lol 4 wins. God loves haters.

1 Like

I disagree, I think this schedule is pretty light. I think we got a huge break

4 Likes

Dude this is likely a powder puff schedule, no TCU, no Texas, no Texas Tech, no Baylor, OU at home, playing all of the 4 new teams where most if not all are going to need a couple of years in the conference to gain their legs to be competitive. Your logic seems a bit off on this one.

3 Likes

Yep, I’m off base on that initial take. Schedule doesn’t look as brutal as I first thought. Bye week comes at a good time. I think my initial trepidation comes from not trusting this offense. It’ll put a lot of pressure on a new DC already trying to put in a new system. I still stand by my 4-8 prediction though. Usually, Gundy bounces back really great from a subpar season, but I just can’t see it this season.

2 Likes

Lol

Keep laughing. It’s the best medicine in these tough times. Beats crying, that’s for sure.

1 Like

How are we losing we got rid of alot of dead weight this year. Its all good.

1 Like

Lol man dead weight. Wow

3 Likes

Well you could be right in the end. The schedule is certainly powder puff looking but our success at rebuilding a functioning team after losing coaches and players is still a major question.

2 Likes

Not playing Texas, Baylor, TCU and an emerging Tech is a big break.

2 Likes

So Gundy probably finishes 9-9 vs Texas. Not bad considering he started 0-5.

2 Likes

If our schedule was anything like this past season I could easily see 4-8 happening. It looks like we can probably get 6 wins out of this thing though. Not that I’m excited about that but I guess it’s better than 4-8. The only issue with that is people will probably want to bump Gundy’s pay up to 10 mil a year for just accomplishing .500 while touting the portal is to blame. If we would’ve retained most of the group from last season’s team I would be more optimistic about 9-10 wins.

1 Like

This next year will be telling. After retaining all of his offensive staff after arguably the worst offensive output since 06 Gundy might actually face some real scrutiny if this year is no different.

1 Like

I see your point but if our OLine does not improve drastically, I don’t see the offense doing much of anything. Sure losing Wrs and DL, LB Db hurt, but if we cannot score more we are finished.

2 Likes

0-12 is more likely than 9 or 10 wins. Sadly, 4-8 still might not be enough to force real change:

1 Like