Five Takeaways from OSU Football's 2023 Schedule

Lol ok. Why does osu recruit so bad.

1 Like

His name is Mike Gundy.

1 Like

Do you have any evidence.

Go on to locked on osu. They had an interview with Benson. They asked him why he picked osu. He said there was nothing to do. The Hawaii qb brown loved the fish. These guys are older guys with no where to go and are trying to get better. Not 18 year olds who think their going pro and going to the club every nite.

Benson also said he has a great relationship with gundy.

1 Like

Sept. 2 Central Arkansas W
Sept. 9 Arizona State W
Sept. 16 South Alabama W
Sept. 23 Iowa St W
Oct. 6 Kansas State L
Oct. 14 Kansas L
Oct. 21 West Virginia toss up -L
Oct. 28 Cincinnati W
Nov. 4 Oklahoma toss up -W
Nov. 11 UCF L
Nov. 18 Houston -toss up -L
Nov. 25 BYU L

I could see 6-8 wins. Iā€™m being conservative. Anything more than 7 Iā€™d say the future would look bright. The 3-3-5 defense change theyā€™ll definitely be some issues. Not huge fan of it but will take it over the 2-4-5. The offense Iā€™d really like Rangel to start but unsure of the new offensive play style we are going to have word is it will be a mix of K-state and Iowa St play. Canā€™t wait to head down to the spring game to get a feel for next season.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking too. Gus has this QB that has some wheels on him not looking forward to that from what Iā€™ve listened to. I do think KU and K-state definitely better. The only Texas team not scheduled I wouldnā€™t mind playing would be Baylor. I think Texas should get a extra win or 2 this year. Wish this was the schedule for last year lol

Baylor is building a new line they picked up a couple. They lost there d line. I know your point about texas.

I dnt see ksu d being better.

Ku is building a nice program. I havent seen there schedule. But, more the 6 or 7 its hard to see.

Are we going to be hit withassive injuries again?. I like alot about the new guys. And yes the new d is a big question. Even on a 4 man front im wonder anout dt.

If all 9 o line guys show up in game one i will fill better.
If alan is some what nice we will be find. Spring will tell us alot. Except for the line.

2 Likes

OU is a tossup??? lol. Gundy will definitely finish Bedlam at 3-16.

Do they win like a G5 in a D1 conference ?

1 Like

I like guy KSU has at QB. I feel the same way about the line. If they can stay healthy and block in the C+ to B- grade type of range I think we should get 7-8 wins with Bowman or Rangel playing. I really need to see the spring game to get a really better thought. Who you got in the conference championship game? My conservative pick is Texas vs K-State or vs TCU. I got Texas in it for sure. The new team Iā€™d pick to be in would be UCF to be in it out of the new teams. Recent history would suggest it would be a team that hasnā€™t made it before. The dark horse I have picked is KU. Iā€™m not drinking any Kool aid but they are going to be riding high off last season.

I sorta feel some of his ego may make him pull out all the stops and make a statement if itā€™s truly the last game. Kinda understand his personality at times. Believe me heā€™s going to have pressure from higher ups and donors this season.

You got to look at play makers. Texas should be in. Tcu and ksu have lost a lot of play makers.

Ksu have their line back. So their running atack should be fine. Only 1 maun receiver back. Lost alot on d.

If we start the year healthy at o line itll be a good year. Alan if back to his tech years gets rid of the ball faster the sanders and a better passer.

It could be a very good year.

3 Likes

I changed my prediction on another post, we probably one of the easiest schedules around. 7-5 and it all goes well 8-4 before a bowl game. Worst case scenario 6-6 or 5-7, either of those puts Gumby on the hot seat, rightfully so!

Lol you are covering all the bases there arenā€™t you tea :joy: You will have to hit one of them
:cowboy_hat_face:

Itā€™s looking like 4-8 or worse.