Five Takeaways from OSU Football's 2023 Schedule

After about 10 years of it I would expect someone to complain about it eventually.

Yes your rite the last 10 years have been awful. Oh wait weā€™ve been the second best team in the conference. Idiot

1 Like

Iā€™d hate this schedule from a recruiting perspective.
Iā€™d love it from a competitive standpoint.

You people may need to be careful with penciling in South Alabama as an automatic W.

I think 7 is the ceiling.

3 Likes

When did they start playing the championship game rather than basing it on the final record?

1 Like

At this point Iā€™m not penciling in anyone as an auto W :joy:

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the floor?

Yep next years schedule is not good. Bad for recruiting and bad for making CFP selection, not that we are going to even get close to that, and perhaps bowl selections. Plus as a fan I want to see us play some Texas teams. Canā€™t talk s&^t with my Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU friends when we donā€™t play their school LOL

1 Like

The floor has to be 2 wins. Gundy has a tendency to surpass the expectations when theyā€™re pretty low, which is what this year looks like. But man theyā€™ve lost a bunch & the absolute wildcard at the QB positionā€¦ā€¦.feels like this is on shaky ground for next season.

@firegumby They played a Conf champ game from 1996-2010. Then just went with record from 2011-2017. They went back to playing the game in 2018

Iā€™m talking in reference to the OL issues.

Iā€™m more optimistic about the line this year. No off-season surgeries and Birmingham back plus the transfer. Everyone will get to participate in spring and summer workouts plus fall camp. Weā€™re in a lot better shape heading into spring this year for sure.

1 Like

I had heard there were 4 guys getting shoulder surgery
Still im with you we got 9 guys with alot of game experience, with the younger guys. So if all show up at the start of the year it will be better

3 Likes

Agree 100%. Spring ball will look a lot different this year than the last two years. They are all healthy now. Keep your fingers crossed it stays that way.

2 Likes

Dicky needs to show something this year unless we have a chit load of injuries. I know heā€™s had a lot of bad luck with injuries, portal erc. Hopefully he can get two units ready to play

1 Like

@robert28 shouldnā€™t they have already had the surgeries if they were needed ?

1 Like

The 4 that had the surgeries was last year at this time. Didnā€™t get to do spring ball or summer workouts.

2 Likes

@michael13 unfortunately yes 4 had knees cleaned up last year. After the bowl game it was 4 get shoulders worked on. Should be ready well before season start.

3 Likes

I sorta feel also think 6 wins should be expected considering players loss then gained and the new DC weā€™ve got. 8 or more would probably be considered exceeded expectations. I think non con we go undefeated. The Cincy game may be a toss up. Byu, UCF, and Houston will be better this year. Kansas will definitely be better and so will K-state. I do expect Gundy to give a OU a loss if that is really the last time we play. Just really want to see a much improved offense for the season after to seriously contented.

3 Likes

The g5 schools are g5 schools. At best the 4 got in what they lost. Byu and Houston have recent games. Out of those four i learned dnt play byu in provo. Lol. Ksu offense is the same, the d will be down. Ku similar.

The tuffest gamrs will be ksu uo at home ucf road

1 Like

OSU recruits like a g5 school whatā€™s the difference?