Five Thoughts on OSU Football's 2022 Recruiting Class

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-thoughts-on-osu-footballs-2022-recruiting-class/

On quality, the QB and more.

1 Like

I think Little gundy will be the QB after Sanders is gone. I will be a little shocked if he isn’t being a coach’s son. He seems more of a option type type QB. Hopefully the offensive line is better by then and adapted to the style of offense we are trying to run. Sucks to see a RPO style QB trying to play a pro style offense.

1 Like

It’s one of the most balanced class out their.
Good class

2 Likes

One thing everybody has missed. How are the divisions going to be set up.
The most likely is us with the Texas schools and byu
It. This will be the tuffer division.

1 Like

If the O-line is better, we should compete for a conference title again next year. And, is Ollie Gordon going to be like Derrick Henry? Gordon is an inch taller!

2 Likes

I assume little Gundy will get his shot at some point also. He’ll have to beat out Shane and a young Rangel but I have a feeling that if he can play a little bit, then we will see what he can do.

2 Likes

I think he’d have to vastly outplay the competition to get the nod.

2 Likes

If the o- line is better…where have we heard this before? O yea the last 12 years.

3 Likes

I think gundy should shove his kid out there with this offensive line product that we have had for 12 years like he has done all his other quarterbacks. He ain’t got the balls to do that to his own last name.

2 Likes

If Gundy does he will clearly be better than the others. I don’t think Gundy wants that criticism. He will be low man until he clearly shows it

2 Likes

I think it would be difficult for little Gundy to be worse than what we currently have when he’s a junior or senior.

And bench your precious 4 star?!

Spencer won a lot more games because of him instead of not. Who were you wanting Illingworth or Bullock ?!?! :joy::joy:. Hilarious !! If we have our starting center and Warren we win the title game

4 Likes

Man. You haters are broken records. The offensive line over the last 12 years? It’s up and down, but didn’t we have the number 1 rusher in the country one of those years and some NFL running backs besides and Mason thrived despite not being a mobile QB.

3 Likes

His name is Gunnar. Calling him little Gundy is something a single wide living gooner would say. Pretty disrespectful.

3 Likes

2 other people here called him little Gundy :man_shrugging:.

Bullock has no place on a FBS roster let alone a P5 one. If we had this and that doesn’t make a difference because we didn’t have them. Baylor won. They had injuries too. Hell they didn’t even have their QB. Sanders played like absolute garbage on his own. He didn’t get much help from the line but 4 interceptions is inexcusable. How he has not figured out when to give up on a play and dump the ball is beyond me. I think Shane would be fine with a decent OLine but those issues still plague the team so I guess we will never know unless Dickey sorts it out. We won games because the defense for 90% of the season allowed them to do the bare minimum to win. There is a lot left to be desired from the offense and I haven’t seen anything the last few years to suggest it sees the improvement it should.

2 Likes

Knowles should have figured out how to stop the second team QB from completing what 16-18 passes in a row before half. I’m not excusing Sanders from the ints but a little help from the line would have helped. The starting center handled the big nose guard enough the first game to win it. A healthy Warren would have been a big help. I don’t think there is much difference between their first and second team QB’s

3 Likes

Defense could’ve done a bit better at the beginning but when their longest touchdown drive is like 47 yards and they score 21 points off of like 90 yards it’s hard to pin them with much blame. They didn’t get a whole lot of room to work with.

1 Like

No excuses