Five Thoughts on OSU Football's Start to the Early Signing Period

We got tranfers rankings on 5 of the 7. Their all basically 4 stars. The other 2 should be middle 3 stars. Some body likes the 5 guys

1 Like

Lmao holder was great for golf. But, he was a bad ad.

Spent all that money on enlarging iga so we have to give away tickets with his second bad hire.

You know osu is the last big 12 team to win a big 6 bowl.

3 Likes

Roberts right the transfer ranking have been very kind to us. I think of the kids who have received a transfer ranking the lowest is an 89. A 90 rating is required for 4⭐️ for context.

3 Likes

Actually. 8901 is the lowest 4 star so 2 of our guys are the hifhest 3 star at 8900

2 Likes

We are top 10 in portal transfer commitments not recruiting commitments

All you guys ragging on Gundy, need to give it a rest. No Cowboy coach has done better. Lets face it, Stillwater is a hard place to recruit. It is in the middle of no where and it is still a small town with not much to do even though it has grown since I was there in the 1970’s and 80’s.

I do feel we need a new offensive coordinator and loosing Knowles was a huge loss. Unfortunately, OSU, is a way station for coaches.

In addition, the transfer portal is killing us and it will continue to do so.

3 Likes

I guess you have never been to k State.

Knowles may have been a loss, but let’s not pretend he was as successful in year 1 as he was in year 4.

Mason deserves at least those same 4 years before comparing. I remember hearing the same exact things about Knowles and his coordinating in his first couple of years as dc just like I am hearing you all say about Mason.

Not to mention, I am tired of hearing Knowles this and Knowles that. Gundy brought in Knowles to Stillwater just like he brought in Mason.

Gundy said himself that he needed to help Knowles adjust to the XII and encouraged him to change his coaching philosophy especially regarding practice.

It’s rather frustrasting that no seems to give Gundy the credit he deserves for the hiring of Knowles. Without Gundy, Knowles would not be at ohiost. So, Knowles needed Gundy. Period.

3 Likes

My point was that we hire coaches and when they become good, they leave.

Gundy is a good coach and has done more with less. And lets face it, we had a decent year if you take into account all the injuries and a pourus oline along with poor receivers and no stud RB.

You cant be great every year.

We are now in a rebuilding year and it may take us 2 or 3 years to reach the top of the league as we develop a QB.

4 Likes

It’s mostly the 3 stooges and DHB characters that continually trash Gundy Do I wish we got higher rated recruits, sure. Gundy finds kids that are under the radar that should be 4 star kids and develops them into players. Knowles was around 20 plus years, even a head coach. He never had the success he had here. Ohio St hired him to beat Michigan , he failed, he gave up 45 to them this year. The portal is going to be tough on everyone until there are limits

5 Likes

And what is the “appeal” TCU has in the middle of Cowtown?

Mason is much more personal with players and actually coaches a position and is a good recruiter. He deserves at least another year.

I’m impressed with TCU with their first year head coach. There’s a saying that goes “Great coaches make great players” then there’s another saying “Great players make great coaches” I’m not sure which is true for TCU. I’m sure Gary Patterson is kicking himself right now. TCU recruiting is looking on the up and up.

2 Likes

Gundy’s in trouble. New conference is going to work him just like the big twelve.

Which one is it? Can’t recruit, or can’t develop? Not good enough to win championships? Or just good enough to win more games than lose? Or looks better than he is because of below average guys he brings in? Those are my 5 thoughts because all five are true.

2 Likes

Have you been to TCU’s campus? Are you familiar with the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex at all? It’s a little bit different compared to Stillwater….

3 Likes

See where the Wisconsin QB landed at with Florida Gators. That was, supposedly, a potential new home for Sanders.

There is so much quietness about Spencer, I wonder: any chance he “stays home?”

1 Like

How can anyone say Holder was a bad athletic director?

It was Holder that persuaded Boone Pickens to stroke that check.

It was Holder, prior to A.D., that raised the money for Karsten Creek.

Holder built a new baseball stadium.

Tennis, cross country, women’s softball…all emerged in Holder’s era.

If Holder was a bad A.D., I hope Weiberg is just as bad!

2 Likes

Giving jug some chit. You can always fine problem. His basketball stuff didnt work out as well as other stuff.

1 Like

Suppose Knowles had gone to Tech and done exactly what he did here in Stilly…I guarantee you an Ohio State or someone similar would be gunning for him. My point is, Knowles simply needed an opportunity. He could’ve gotten it anywhere in Big 12 country. Think of how terrifying Knowles could’ve been in Norman.