Five Thoughts on OSU Football's Start to the Early Signing Period

He didnt terrify michigan with tosu players. Just saying

1 Like

Knowles had some studs here the last two years he was here. I think 5-6 are in the league. He did get them lined up right, blitzing and what not. Gundy did tell him how he wanted it tweaked

1 Like

Makes me think Sanders hasn’t found a team yet. He may not have been in as much demand as he thought, if so he would have signed by now I think

1 Like

I don’t play the what if game, like I said, Gundy gets all the credit. Point. Blank. Period. Tech, ohiost, uo and everyone else had every opportunity to give Knowles an opportunity just like Gundy. Expect he capitalized on it and they didn’t. No need for the what if/suppose game. Anyways, continued/greater success is on the verge, however, this time oSu is gonna win a XII title with Mason as DC.

1 Like

Last I read, OU and Texas are leaving. OSU should be in great shape to be at the top of the conference now.

1 Like

Mertz, the QB from Wisconsin is terrible. I live in the Twin Cities about 15 min from the WI border and I can tell you they are happy that he is leaving. Sanders is a way better QB than Mertz.

1 Like

I beg to differ. Gundy has been great. OSU has always been in the shadow of OU and Tx and years ago you could include Nebraska when they were great. Gundy has done better than all the coaches before him. Stillwater is a tough place to recruit as I posted earlier. The campus is not that great compared to other campuses around the country. And sorry to say, Oklahoma is not god’s country and many Oklahoman’s believe.

In the last 10 years we have been near the top of the league every year. Last year, we came so close to winning it all. What more do you want? We are not OU from the Barry Switzer era.

Who do you want as a coach? If we get a new coach and they win, they will probably leave for a better job as it has happened in the past with Jimmy Johnson and many of our great offensive coordinators.

And if you do not believe Stillwater is a tough place to recruit, just look at our basketball team. They have the same issue but worse.

1 Like

The basketball team has had two top 25 recruiting classes in the last 5 years . In the last 10 years K State has won 2 conference titles, Baylor has won 3 and TCU shared one. That’s Gundy zero and 3 teams not OU or Texas 6. In case that’s not clear enough, there is 6 conference title trophies in school that are not OU or Texas in the last 10 years.

The basketball team is loaded with talent what are you saying? Boynton just can’t coach.

SKOL!

1 Like

Depends on what you consider talent. Moussa CissĂ© is probably our only NBA level talent. You could argue Bryce Thompson but I’m not convinced yet. To be “loaded” I would expect to see several players of NBA caliber. As far as Boynton goes he certainly hasn’t gotten the results we would like to see although saying that he can’t coach is a pretty empty statement. I’ve no clue about the ins and outs of basketball so because of that I would never claim that he doesn’t know how to coach as I don’t know what it involves. So if you are going to make that claim, assuming you know what you are talking about in the first place, why don’t you break things down and explain why he can’t coach. Otherwise you are just another negative Nancy type that we all love to ignore.

1 Like

Gundy’s career #'s speak for themselves 
 his good #'s and bad #'s:

If you want a coach that win’s more than he looses
 goes to bowl games annually then Gundy is your man 
 conversly, if you want a coach that wins more than 1x championships in 20 yrs and produces recruiting classes that averages in the 30’s every year then Gundy is also you man 

You think its just gundy on recruiting. Having no base. Having no nil. Playing at stillwater. These i think are more of issues. Actually there the only reason. Why does ksu and per nil tech and isu always below gundy.

1 Like

Are you kidding me. The basketball team has 1 guy that might make it into the NBA and that is Cisse. And that is a big maybe. He has no offensive game and he is undersized as a center. He will need to develop an inside and outside game. The rest of the team cannot shoot.

1 Like

I’d say the offense speaks for itself. That is bad coaching. The defense is good but Boynton cannot put together an offensive strategy to save his life.

You’ve already been told Boynton can’t coach. He did bring in the number one player. That’s to Stillwater, that same Stillwater that you no one can recruit to. Les Miles recruited a 5* before T Boone’s millions. But my main point is Gundy can’t win the conference and it’s not because of Stillwater if K State can win the conference. If you think there is nothing for kids to do in Stillwater, haul your ace up to Manhattan Kansas. Restaurants are closing every day there. The city is building a 40 million dollar commercial and residential building that takes up most of the parking for Aggieville.

and you know this how?

2 Likes

Watching games. There is either not a good strategy going into the games or the players cannot execute it which is still poor coaching. Defense looks great and they play hard but being mostly inept on offense doesn’t do much good.

1 Like

Sounds pretty subjective

1 Like

What are everyone’s thoughts about the 29 year old QB transfer from North Texas? I know nothing about him just read he was drafted out of HS and spent 6 years in the Yankees organization and immediately thought of Weeden.