Football 2020 Season II

I thought that too, but I bet with how big the asterisk is on this season they’d just dismiss it and make no changes.

My take isn’t so much that people are saying we couldn’t get in if undefeated as much as they’re already booking an inevitable Bedlam loss and another loss to be named later. If you aren’t as OSU fan, which Big 12 team would you think could finish with 1 or no losses? Not unreasonable to think we go full Pac 12 this year.

4 Likes

3 Likes

OSU top 10, OU nowhere to be found. You love to see it

10 Likes

Only counting those currently playing, we still have 5 ranked teams from the conference. Us, UT, ISU, KSU, and TCU. If UT beats OU we could go into the baylor game with 4 teams ranked if ISU beats Tech as well.

Shoot! When was the last tome the gooners were unranked in either poll? Gotta be the Blake era right?

2 Likes

Sucks that the next 2 teams we play get bye weeks before we play them. Gonna be crucial with each team getting an extra week to watch film and practice.

2005 I think.

I don’t know about the coaches Poll, but in the AP I know they were unranked for one week and 2016 and were also unranked at some point in 2009

1 Like

We need the Tulsa Trees to beat Cincinnati in two weeks.

1 Like

Everyone needs to remember these polls rarely end matching the poll that actually matters for the playoff. Plus I highly doubt an undefeated Big 12 team would get left out of the playoff this year with big ten having a shortened schedule and the pac am even worse schedule.

7 Likes

they were unranked a few times in 2014 right? They finished 8-5

Well my “great value vanilla” Take on our style of play yesterday held up about as well as a dip cone in the August heat .

3 Likes

I really liked the play calling yesterday. It all looks good when playing Kansas.

6 Likes

Yeah it was more a blue bell French vanilla… :grin:

Am I crazy in thinking this, or should we even consider starting Illingworth over Sanders?

I’m ok with either starting.

While not crazy it is not the best option. The offense is designed around Sanders right now and his running ability opens up the running game a lot more. Teams have to account for him to run at any point where they don’t for Shane.

5 Likes

Yes you are crazy