Football 2020 Season II

Define losing the program. Would you trade a natty for cratering the program for a decade? I’d consider it.

3 Likes

Ole Miss had 2 NY6 berths and were a game or 2 away from playing for the natty a couple of times. They couldn’t put it together, but it got them close enough to roll with Bama and LSU and Auburn for a couple of years. They just couldn’t break through.

So were we apparently without cheating.

2 Likes

The landscape is completely different than 2011. You have to make it past a committee that doesn’t want you in and then beat 2 teams with 50 4* and 5* guys in 10 days. OSU ain’t winning a natty without cheating. Which, everyone else cheats too. So cheat better.

2 Likes

We’re also probably not winning one with cheating. All that will happen is we end up on probation and I’ll no longer be entertained. A fate worse than not winning a title to me.

2 Likes

We talking about OSU or the Astros? :rofl:

3 Likes

Hell no.

4 Likes

USC basically traded 2 nattys for a decade of mediocrity. That’s why I ask. I would think USC fans would tell you it was worth it.

Preach, Kegan.

4 Likes

Maybe this is why we don’t recruit well… we just don’t pay players.

2 Likes

Would they though? Seems like an awful lot of USC fans are pretty pissed off about being so bad lately.

5 Likes

Well yeah, they’re upset because they want to win. But if you would tell them they could have 10 wins a year over the last decade and have their championships taken away, would they accept that? I’m skeptical.

1 Like

It would certainly explain a lot. I would be very surprised if boosters were not supplying monetary benefits to football players though. There were several football players living at an apartment complex in Stillwater a few years back. All of them had the same guarantor on their leases. This person was a known booster.

Truth.

I prefer the angst I have been an OSU fan to what I see from Auburn fans.

2 Likes

My take is pay people and stop being commies.

Capture

5 Likes

Also a reasonable take.

Ole Miss still has the memory of whipping our tails at the Sugar Bowl though, as well as beating Bama in back to back years, something they’d never done in their history. Not saying it was or wasn’t worth it for them, but there are still plenty of great memories even if you don’t win a national title.

2 Likes

They also haven’t done better than .500 since.

Memories don’t sustain fanbases very long. Lots of teams out there chasing the dragon.

1 Like