Football 2020 Season

I don’t think my complaint about PFB is nuance, although it’s a pretty easy guess at this point where PFB will fall on issues.

My response to EP was because he was basically saying if you don’t like it or agree with then I shouldn’t read PFB, which is a terribly stupid take.

1 Like

“literally ever post”

Exaggerate much? Be more dramatic.

:joy::joy::joy:

Oh baby girl, I’m so sorry. Here’s another option, GTFOH. You’ve shown that your only purpose to be here is to crap on the Kyle’s. You and the rest of the Twitter idiots can go do that somewhere else.

3 Likes

Man, the original worst PVP is back with a vengeance. It’s like there’s a PVP that’s by far the worst poster on here, and a bizarro PVP that’s occasionally comes in with decent takes and cordial comments.

9 Likes

Can’t believe I had to go to the free board to find out the truth about this place!

12 Likes

I think George Soros is also pitching in.

4 Likes

Wait, wouldn’t being a fanboy of the program ala Robert Allen be the one that doesn’t take any stones to write? Wouldn’t being overly critical of the program be the contrarian view? Which is precisely the reason PFB found itself in a crapstorm a few weeks back?

They just don’t write the take you agree with, or the ones you want to read about, which is totally fine. Everyone has their own viewpoint, and everyone likes what they like.

7 Likes

Curse you for getting me to read through that thread. A couple of posts above that one someone made the very witty and clever comment that PFB actually stands for Pure Fictional BS. @kyleporterCBS If the Benedict Arnold Firing suggestion from Twitter yesterday doesn’t work out, here’s another potential name for the site.

4 Likes

I thought that same thing myself. PFB probably lines up pretty well with the sports media world as a whole, but when you look at just the OSU landscape that we’re all in, I think PFB is absolutely the contrarian. We know RA and his guys don’t know how to say anything negative about Gundy, and even the beat writers at the Tulsa World and the Oklahoman are on the whole very positive towards Gundy. I’m not saying either side is right or wrong, but at least within the world we’re all in the most, PFB seems to stand alone.

All the commentary is helpful and appreciated. Even yours @PVPoke.

4 Likes

Also I’m going to retire this thread soon, and we’re going to start a new, actual 2020 football thread.

19 Likes

Purge the old threads!

1 Like

So 2021?

3 Likes

Then stop talking about him .

1 Like

Yeah, I’m confused why being contrarian is particularly helpful or brave. Don’t we prefer them to cover as fairly and truthfully as possible? Even if some individual readers might not always agree it’s fair/truthful, the writers/publishers do. And that integrity is most important to me.

1 Like

If you actually offered anything at all in the way of furthering the discussion or providing constructive criticism, then I would absolutely agree with you it would be a stupid take. This board thrives on discussing issues and exchanging differing viewpoints. I think those are the things the majority of us enjoy the most and that keep us coming back to the site.

But, that’s not what you bring. Constant negativity and sarcasm are not nuance. They’re just constant negativity and sarcasm. My point was, your condescending and confrontational attitude make it clear that you don’t care for the PFB staff or most of the posters on the board. I’m just not sure why you would keep coming back to something that makes you so miserably unhappy.

But, you keep paying your 80 bucks a year to tell PFB how stupid they are and tell me how stupid I am and everything else that makes you feel so vastly superior to the rest of the board. I’m guessing you would gladly pay twice the price for the privilege of doing so.

2 Likes

Don’t you put that evil on us.

1 Like

Since this thread has been all over the place, @kyleporterCBS you get a side gig announcing evening news on ABC? We won’t tell CBS bc what is said in the chamber stays in the chamber

11 Likes

THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes