Football 2020 Season

Lol that’s some serious orange kool aid

1 Like

A couple other things from the too early too 25

-didn’t realize Baylor is only returning 2 defensive starters next year!

-under LSU, they mention the possibility of Houston’s dynamic QB King transferring to LSU. When he decided to redshirt this season at Houston there was speculation he would become the next OU transfer QB, eligible immediately as a grad transfer

But… we want our team to have high expectations and lofty goals, right? He is closer to the team dynamics than most media members, and of course his baseline homerism is considerably higher that any other media outlet. But I have no problem with the vision.

1 Like

I too like to dream big.

Holy crap!

There’s no way to take RA seriously with this. If he were talking B12 championship game, then yeah, that’s a possibility. If we were to win that, then CFP also becomes a possibility. But even if all of that were to happen, we would be looking at a first round loss similar to OUs experience. I would still take it, but even that is stretching reality a bit.

1 Like

There’s a line between lofty expectations and for lack of better term absurd ones.

The path to the CFP final is one of these two.

At its most difficult
2 Ws over OU (undefeated regular season)
And a W over a Clemson/LSU/ or Ohio state level team. Each one of those teams has at least 5-6 players that will go pro on each side of the ball. Osu has what 5-6 total? The talent difference is stark. Go get that W tho.

Or the slightly easier task of
1W over OU in the big 12 CC, the regular season loss must be close. CFP committee loves us and doesn’t get lost in the osu sticker on the helmet.
Another W over a LSU/Clemson/Ohio state program.

Making the playoff will be a tall task. Much less the final.

5 Likes

Absolutely. I am 100% with you. But - folks were excited about Boynton setting championship goals. Why mock the football goals, as difficult as they are to achieve?

5 Likes

You also have to rely on there not being a better one loss option out there. So kinda like OU this year.

If we only have one loss, but Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Georgia is sitting there with one loss as well?

OSU won’t get in.

3 Likes

Much more difficult to jump offside from the safety position.

1 Like

This is why the Big 12 needs 2 more teams and divisions. As of right now OSU has to beat OU twice to get into the CFP (I get that that is a long shot)

1 Like

It looks like everyone forgot to put sugar in their orange koolaid this morning.

2 Likes

Bold predictions;

1. Hubbard, Wallace, and Sanders split Heisman votes but still finish 1,2,3

2. OSU’s playoff seeding is hurt by OU’s CFP failures, relegating us to the #3 seed, the 1st 13-0 team to receive such a snub

3. The offense will look different cause Dunn will actually have some control.

11 Likes

You started drinking to early, friend.

7 Likes

Oh agreed 100%.

But let’s say our season was ou’s in ‘19. Does Oregon jump ya?

I don’t think so. Pac 12 has almost zero clout and the committee is made up mostly of east coast and midwest people.

Plus Oregon and OSU are about equal in brand recognition. We’ve been good about the same amount of time as them… they’ve just been a step ahead.

I haven’t stopped since 5p yesterday, but the predictions still seem sound

2 Likes

Um, Clemson finished 13-0 and was the #3 seed, this year!

4 Likes

Oregon is really the model osu is pretty much on. We don’t recruit quite as well but we’re pretty close otherwise.

They also get the benefit of no ou in the same state.

3 Likes

I love it. Shoot for the freakin’ stars. This is how more of our OSU fanbase brethren should think.

2 Likes