Football 2021 Offseason Thread

@marshall, do you think that letting some of the football players advertise for PFB, or selling t-shirts with their likeness, will get you in Gundy’s good graces? :slight_smile:

Here is a list where Gundy ranks higher than Patterson. (He should always rank higher than Patterson, even on the other lists).

I don’t think Gundy cares about that. I promise we are working to get back into football. I’m hopeful I will be in the press box Sept. 4.

17 Likes

Can I ask what even caused Gundy to revoke your access in the first place? I feel like I just woke up one day it you guys just didn’t have football access any more

Marshall can correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve asked this before and I think there is an old thread on the topic where Kyle Porter addressed it.

Basically Gundy has some mental association with the word “blog” must be only an online chat room and not possibly being the name for a reputable sports journalism operation.

He got wind that there was a “blog” site being given credentials and black listed PFB from further access.

Can’t speak to what’s changed since Marshall took over for them to consider reversing the decision but that was the root cause that I have been told before.

I could very very well be off base

1 Like

A Mike Gundy Story The thread @AlecM was referencing.

The big reason for the new push is the new management at PFB.

1 Like

I believe an early release of the new uniforms played into it.

Additionally something about the PFB squad TP’ing Gundy’s trees one Halloween…

9 Likes

Oh right, totally forgot. Porter egged his house, truck, office, wife, and church. That didn’t help at all /s
@marshall “wasn’t there” but we all know who bank rolled the chicken operations behind the scenes

10 Likes

The reasoning we got is that Mike “doesn’t believe in blogs.” Which on it’s base is … let’s say an interesting thing.

Further speculation would say he didn’t like the uniform ordeal, which was so long ago at this point. Or that people associated with the site thought Spencer should’ve played instead of Cornelius in 2018 (which is a fair discussion to be had).

Past that, I really can’t tell ya, but like I said, we’re working on it.

8 Likes

Wow… That’s something. I really hope you guys are able to go over him and get access back. Blacklisting y’all because the name of the site is Pistols Firing Blog is really crappy.

Porter asked once if changing the name would do anything. He was told it would not.

7 Likes

Yeah cause the proposed name change was Pistols Firing Blog-ish

Like, common man

3 Likes

Dude. The whole situation just sounds f-ed up. I believe you all will get access back, like you said, you’re working on it. But the fact that you lost it to what seems to me as Gundy power tripping is just… wrong.

It has definitely been a zoo. I have no ill will toward the man. I’ve been told it’s not personal quite often, and there is no way it can be because he doesn’t know me. It’s just all quite strange.

6 Likes

Maybe he’s like Kevin Durant and just hates “Blogboys”? Strange definitely seems like a good word for the whole thing.

I would get it if we were simply a blog, but we aren’t anymore. We still do a few blog things, but so do major newspapers at this point. We break news, write features and interview subjects just like everyone else.

8 Likes

@marshall Just have a child, train them to be a QB, force them to achieve 3 star status so that OSU will recruit them (not too high, not too low, wink wink), force them to choose OSU, now you have an agent on the inside leaking info.

Easy. done. should’ve thought of it yourself

13 Likes

I’m very surprised Gundy even knows this place exists.

5 Likes

Another solid point.

4 Likes

Must have been busy playing golf.

3 Likes