Football 2021 Offseason Thread

Couple takeaways from today’s availability:

• Sounds like they’re going with Christian Holmes at the corner opposite Jarrick.
  • Brock Martin gave a lot of good stuff on the motivation about being a father. I’ll share a video in a bit, it’s worth the watch.
  • Still sounds like it’s Etienne vs. Miterko, but we’re all expecting Etienne to pull away at some point
  • Trace is still working his way back from injury
  • Collin Clay apparently twisted his knee, but Gundy made it sound like it was nothing major
  • Gundy expects to be good on special teams this year
14 Likes

Any word on KOR and PR? I’d assume PR will be Presley and KOR would be Presley and probably Braydon Johnson, but not sure if they’d want Presley handling that much of a load.

I kind of agree with this a lot.

Presley, Tay Martin and John Paul Richardson seemed to be getting the most work in the practices I was at.

11 Likes

Any more thoughts on this? How does this impact from say Boise on?

Surprised Johnson isn’t in there. Hasn’t he been a starting returner the past few years or am I just making that up?

Here is Brock on new fatherhood (starts at 4:35) he continues, but I cut the video off because my phone was filling up.

They were only working on punt return when we were there come to think of it. So, maybe he will still return kicks.

7 Likes

Welp, Oklahoma State is SOL. Here we come AAC. :man_facepalming:t2: So disappointed.

Would imagine they are tentatively including some of the Big12 leave outs. They can’t officially involve the Big12 leaders yet otherwise OU and Texas would have to be informed of the plans

1 Like

Im surprised it took this long to get our first “sky is falling” post today. Morning folks :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes

It’s really not a big deal they’re announcing the alliance right now. Each conference is still going ti raid what they want from the remaining teams but it just pretty much seals the deal on the big 12 dying.

6 Likes

When Stitt isn’t pandering he’s somewhat likeable. His comment here where he mentions the Pac12 caught my attention

Calm down…This got announced last night too https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/pac-12-open-to-possible-expansion-new-commissioner-says-2423684/

7 Likes

This just makes the most sense to me. The Pac-12 has to know their product is not competitive enough even in an alliance, whatever that’s even going to look like

2 Likes

TLDR version for folks

• Commissioner mentions they aren’t actively poaching but several schools have reached out, including some surprises :eyes:, and they’ve at least had an intro meeting with each team that’s reached out

• they have a working committee designated to determine what to do whether to expand or not and who to offer a spot to

• he expects decisions made within the next couple of weeks as he doesn’t see the benefit of there being long term disruption

9 Likes

What surprises would want to go to the PAC though?

Hawaii would be the most interesting IMO. Every Team that plays Hawaii gets an option to play week 0, so you can have a lot of conference games week 0, thus creating PAC Week. Would be very intriguing.

6 Likes

Also, another random thought, maybe OSU is holding Oregon State hostage with the buyout of not coming last year to Stillwater as a vote to get into the Pac12.

2 Likes

He might be considering schools outside the remaining Big XII like BYU a “surprise”. Who knows maybe Nebraska is getting crazy and looking at leaving the Big Ten since they haven’t seemed happy or a fit there. Maybe he’s just saying that because it makes a more interesting quote to say “You would be surprised what has been going on…”

2 Likes