Football 2021 Offseason Thread

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Nebraska has their hands full right now!! Whooo boy!!

4 Likes

Hahahaha nothing like trying to start off on a good foot with a new conference you’re trying to get into like giving a current member of the conference you’re applying for an ultimatum.

2 Likes

I don’t remember how much its worth but its over a $1million for the buy out and the Pac12 isn’t printing money like the other P5 conferences. Remember how they were looking for a $200million investor for the Pac12 network to increase payout to schools. Also, notice how it hasn’t been rescheduled yet?

Oh I’m not saying you’re wrong. I have no idea. The thought of it is just hilarious to me.

1 Like

Per a source, at least one high-ranking OSU official prefers a move to the Pac-12 and said the Big Ten seems unlikely. I’ve also heard that there has been somewhat progressive contact between OSU and the ACC, but the Pac was far and away this person’s preference at this time.

33 Likes

As much as the B1G has some appeal, I really think a new expanded Pac is our best option if we stick with one of the remaining “P4’s”. Even better if the Pac/B1G/ACC have a scheduling alliance of some sort.

Did your source explain why the Pac was their preference? Money, competition level, chance at championship in football, etc.?

1 Like

I did hear that OSU thinks it has a shot to win the Pac, which is true. I think there’s also just a feeling that it makes more sense than the ACC even though OSU geographically seems pretty in-the-middle.

10 Likes

Pac12 feels like a safer move than the ACC. IMO the ACC is going to get gobbled up by the BIG in the next round, their GOR ends in the mid 2030s.

2 Likes

Gobbled up and GOR’d! Terrible way to go.

2 Likes

My concern with the PAC is that they have the weakest TV deal so it seems a risk to be dismantled by the next power move by the SEC or whoever. But maybe there is no such thing as stability anymore.

1 Like

Please god let it be the PAC12……just seems like a conference ready to be taken advantage of from the football side

8 Likes

Ok so this thought might be totally dunked on but wanted to still put it out there.

If this alliance happens and is one that excludes adding any of the 8 B12 teams left, is it that crazy to think that the SEC might want to add tech and OSU to get to 18? Why not lean into the super conference idea and essentially control viewership in Oklahoma and Texas?

I don’t think this is likely at all, but is it that crazy to think the SEC might retaliate to the alliance’s retaliation?

1 Like

This might be a similar situation to the Warriors and KD theory… they didn’t necessarily need KD (OSU), just needed KD to not be on the Thunder (part of PAC/B1G/ACC alliance) :rofl:

6 Likes

Maybe partially because PAC12 television rights deal is coming up most quickly of the other conferences so likelier to expand to renegotiate with greater strength. It makes the most sense to me.

1 Like

I feel like we should have a separate conference realignment thread this close to actual football happening. :man_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

I’m saving my realignment takes for the Missouri State game thread.

18 Likes

Agreed. Until we see “OSU is going to X conference” all of this is pointless.

1 Like

It has been done.

6 Likes