Football Recruiting Thread

(Or Illingworth shows Trevor Lawrence-type potential…)

But if Shorter said “I want to play for OSU”, you wouldn’t say “no”. C’mon.

2 Likes

Ehh… Lawrence was a known talent in high school. Like… I think he’s as close to a top level basketball prospect as we’ve ever seen in college football.

I don’t expect Illingsworth to be that.

He is coming in the spring so there’s always a chance… I just don’t see him usurping Sanders.

3 Likes

I also want to be very clear, there’s two other receivers from Michigan, one of whom looks like a freakin’ tank. And then one from UCLA (he might not be available anymore). All originally high 4-stars. Let’s get one.

Those Michigan guys, especially, have got to be hungry for a competent QB, after Shea Patterson’s dumb year.

I already looked into him and doubt we are interested. He apparently does not care to go to class or show up to practice all the time. Saban has given him a lot of second chances and even now says the kid can come back if he does the stuff he needs to but instead the kid went to the portal. Looks like world class talent but to much baggage.

3 Likes

I won’t be surprised if he does. That is all I’m saying. Is Sanders in the driver’s seat? Sure. But Illingworth is dropping bombs in his senior year.

I think this guy might be on our radar for WR

2 Likes

+1

Clowney and AD level of college ready

Not sure if this has already been discussed in here, but OSU is out on Daniyel Ngata, the four-star back from California. He’s committing in two days and picking between OSU, A&M, Arizona State, Clemson and Utah.

OSU not recruiting him any more, likely knowing it is already out on him.

3 Likes

I heard we pulled our scholarship offer, we usually don’t do that unless there is a good reason to stop recruiting the kid.

I can not confirm that. I know OSU pulled the offer with Isaiah Jacobs, not sure about that on Ngata.

2 Likes

That is extremely unfortunate… The kid is stickier than a fourth of July swarm of gnats

Yeah if you lurk on twitter and see who the analysts and recruiting directors for Oklstate Young is followed by a couple. Sills was followed by a few and announced his decision today.

Today the defensive linemen from Temple that was All AAC announced his intent to grad transfer and started following an Okstate analyst and is followed by Knowles. Once you see several analysts following the same person it’s good chances the transfer is possible

10 Likes

Well it was your wording that got my mind thinking about how we tend to attribute failure to the person and the success to luck or other factors, but I didn’t actually interpret your post as saying that…to say it another way, your post was the catalyst that triggered the thinking but was not the ultimate target of my comment.

Fair enough. I get it though, I can see that. I’m sure it is happening also lol.

Thanks for that info, Tylan!

(All of the magenta avatars are players posing as “Colin” or “Helping Hands”)

Except for @JustGary. That’s just Gary. LOL

11 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Just Gary! Dam, that hurt. Going to start making crap up now.

2 Likes

Bahahahahah…I love you man, you’re great.

No that needs to be your new name. JustGary.

2 Likes

It’s ok if you want to be JUST Gary and wear tube socks and jean shorts… All are welcome here