Football Recruiting Thread

Looking at a possible top 20 class this year?

2 Likes

From 77 all the way to the top!

Did anybody else see this? From testimony in Beaty’s lawsuit against KU. He went from a Head Coach, to driving for Uber…How is that even possible?

4 Likes

An even better question is “How do you get motivated by listening to an Uber driver?”

7 Likes

It’s surprising that no other schools reached out to him. He was a good enough OC at A&M to be hired as a head coach.

Also did he lose all of his money in the lawsuit? I don’t understand how he has to resort to driving for Uber after being an FBS head coach for 3 years?

1 Like

Especially when you are not winning. I understand it’s Kansas, but you should keep expenses low and squirrel a bunch away.

He wasn’t the OC at A&M. He was the receivers coach. Also their best recruiter.

1 Like

Most likely If he wants the money from being fired Or bought out he has to “actively pursue” other opportunities. Then the salary difference is basically paid by KU. So he “works” for Uber and then he gets basically all the money from KU.

2 Likes

But, weren’t they trying to not pay him his buyout at all because there were some violations under him? It seems like there were some rumors that KU self-reported the violations just so they didn’t have to pay his buyout.

:thinking::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Gotta get these guys to start using the right logo!

2 Likes

Yeah, this explains it all. It’s pretty shady on KU’s part. They did a full investigation after they fired Beaty and found a pretty minor infraction. Their video coordinator at the time worked face to face with a couple of their QBs 2 or 3 times, which since he isn’t considered one of the 10 on field coaches, isn’t allowed to meet with players like that. So then KU self-reported that to the NCAA and is now using that violation as reasoning to void Beaty’s buyout because they’re saying he was fired for cause because of them, even though the infraction was found after they said they fired him for not winning enough. It’s also funny because Les Miles’ staff did the same exact thing and KU has no problem with it, and we all know that they’re fighting tooth and nail against the allegations against their basketball team.

4 Likes

I openly hope that Beaty brings that dumpster fire of a program to the ground.

3 Likes

I hope so too, but he’s probably got an uphill battle. Different deal, but Mike Leach never got any kind of a settlement when Taco Tech fired him.

1 Like

I feel like TT had a better claim to fire Leach for cause, but who knows anymore.

2 Likes

Everything Texas Tech fired him for has come out to be false. Also, he tried to sue them but they hide behind something that you can’t sue the state for. The big thing was his bonus he never got for winning x games for the season. They had to fire him before the end of the season if they didn’t want to pay it and they fired him after the season.

The whole Beaty thing is also so sketch. They’re emails that say “Find something so we don’t have to pay him” They fired him because he was a terrible coach but after they fired him they sought a reason to add on to firing him so they wouldn’t have to pay his buyout.

1 Like

Already tweeted at him, brah. Way ahead of you. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, in the article I posted earlier, KU even told Beaty’s lawyers when they first fired him that it wasn’t for cause, it was because he wasn’t winning enough. They only changed their reasoning a few months later once they thought they had found a way out of the buyout, which hopefully means they’ll get embarrassed in court.

1 Like

This is pretty cool…

4 Likes

Our promo material for recruits is usually top-notch. That ring is just shiny enough to draw the eye first.