Former Oklahoma State Quarterback Shane Illingworth Commits to Nevada

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/former-oklahoma-state-quarterback-shane-illingworth-commits-to-nevada/

Illingworth is headed to the Wolf Pack.

1 Like

Always a cowboy . Good luck

2 Likes

I Was thinking that would be a good fit. They lost their qb and are pass happy.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have missed bigger here. I guess we can stick with the qb who leads all FBS QBs in turnovers for another 2 years

4 Likes

We’ll be ok . We have some continuity in the offensive coaching staff and a 4 star qb coming in .

Shane would be a great luxury but he wants what we wants and more power to him .

2 Likes

I was hoping to see him as a starter here someday. Our loss. Hope we see him in the NFL soon.

4 Likes

I hate to lose the experience at QB2 but I don’t think he was every going to be the player we thought he would be when he first came to town. It will be fun to see who makes QB2 this spring now. Will it be Gunnar???

I am eager to see what he can do if he gets to be a regular starter and he will be playing weaker competition than in the Big 12. I hope he really lights it up out west. We should have interesting competition between G. Gundy and Rangel to see who gets to be backup. I was OK with one more season with Sanders, but he actually has 2 seasons left. Yikes! Without a great O line in front of him, Sanders cannot perform very well. Not sure what our O line will be like till I see them in action. Want see Etienne ready to play now.

3 Likes

Couldn’t have missed on what? This dude wasn’t gonna be the guy here.

1 Like

I think he’s our best bet if our offensive line isn’t strong.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m starting to think maybe you’re right, would explain why he had to go to Nevada. And yeah probably Gunnar

Shane wasn’t a scrambler he was a slinger . And he did a good job at that .
I bet Gundy will be tougher on his son than he needs to be .

3 Likes

He didn’t get a chance. Sanders is boom or bust. A lot of bust. And pair that with gundys track record of picking qbs and here we are. Our offense functions better with a pure pocket passer than a guy who’s a run first qb with highly questionable decision making. As i stated, sanders leads all fbs players in turnovers since 2019….

1 Like

He had a hell of a chance he literally needs 5 all pro lineman in front of him to be effective in power 5 play.

I can’t wait till Gunnar gets his chance and sets records :rofl:

1 Like

As long as he wins 12 games I’m fine with it. Our offense was clicking second half against ND with the hurry up offense. Sanders plays better in it and throws better on the run. If Gunner does get in I think he will be a gamer

1 Like

Our Oline wasn’t much this year to me. Sanders and Warren made them look better than they were. Without Sanders ability to scramble , how many sacks do we give up ? We led the league in least sacks but what weren’t running plays , the rest were getting the ball out quick or scrambling

2 Likes

I thought Illingworth would be good or even better than Sanders at first but I don’t know what anyone saw him do that inspires confidence.

2 Likes

I had even voiced my preference of Shane over Sanders prior to the start of this season. I did eat my words after watching Shane get his chance. His stats aren’t bad, but he was very inconsistent and inaccurate at times. Having a cannon does no good if you can’t aim it. He might develop with more time, but missing mid range throws is unacceptable if you have no skill in running the football. (Actually, missing those throws is JUST unacceptable, period, for Sanders too!!)

I ate my humble pie about Shane, but all the best to him in his new adventure. He is a better pro prospect than is Sanders if he can work on accuracy. GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Probably harder than anyone else.