Former OSU Tight End Jelani Woods Has Huge Day For Virginia in Win

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/former-osu-tight-end-jelani-woods-has-huge-day-for-virginia-in-win/

Jelani had himself a day.

1 Like

I called it the day he announced the transfer. I knew he would explode given the opportunity.

4 Likes

Last Year at OSU Woods had 8 receptions for 129 yards and a touchdown.

In one game at Virginia he has 5 receptions for 125 yards and a touchdown.

Imagine if we had a HC that utilized the players like they needed to be? Good move on Jelani’s part to transfer so he can give himself a chance to get looked at from NFL scouts instead of being used as another useless blocker under the Gundy regime.

6 Likes

Joey, you might be right.

If Jelani was still with us for today’s game, he would have been in for four plays, and targeted zero times. Glad to see he is having success at UVA.

3 Likes

Could not understand why Dunn did not utilize him last year. His size and athleticism made him such a mismatch against opposing defenses. I have been so unimpressed with Dunn since he became OC. Gundy needs to seriously consider taking over play calling for the remainder of the season, if the Cowboys are to be relevant.

Good for Jelanie and Virginia. I watched some highlights of his game today and he’s wearing number zero. He was the biggest guy on the field today.

1 Like

Let’s be honest - if Travis Kelce played TE for OSU he would have trouble hitting double digits in receptions for the season. The Cowboys unfortunately are trending down and probably around the lower 1/3 of the Big 12 in the X’s and O’s department especially on the offensive side of the ball. Name an OC in the Big 12 you would take Casey Dunn over. I am waiting.

2 Likes

Between woods not catching the ball and Sanders not throwing to him when open.
The week before woods had 1 catch for 5 yards.
I do like how u guys want to open up the playbook by throwing to te.
I do know if u guys got what u wished for, we would have 700 yards of offense and 70 points against Alabama.
I do hope woods does good.

I will never understand our coaches refusal to utilize this guy. Just utterly confused.

4 Likes

Looks like woods can catch the ball to me. In fact he caught it enough times to get more yards yesterday than he did all last season.

2 Likes

Like I said how do u open up the offense with the tite end being the main receiver. I dnt mean against Illinois either.
I know the 2 two te should have had more catch. Like I said I’ve seen them open to bad Sanders didn’t. It would be a pass he mite make.
I hope he does well but he had 1 pass for 5 yards. In their other game.
There are more important things to worry about then some split milk. Like is r secondary going to be ready for boise.

The secondary should be pretty far down on your list of concerns when we have this putrid offense.

2 Likes

Really that’s ur play. When ur serious come back and talk.

We need to stop blaming the OC. Dunn is calling the same calls the previous OC made. They are doing the job they were hired to perform. We saw what Dunn could do when the oSu staff was stuck in the elevator at Oregon State. Gundy changed the Holgy/Monken philosophy from spreading out the defense and taking what the defense gives to being balanced regardless of defensive schemes. As a result, oSu runs the ball up the middle into a loaded box. Defenses keep the box loaded because it makes oSu one dimensional.

Monken once said if he returned to college oSu would be his first pick. A year later he returns to college at Georgia making a salary oSu’s budget could afford. Would love to know why.

3 Likes

Jelani was smart enough to figure out his HC is inept, and to realize his full potential he would need to more on!

Listening to other HCs speak, and then listening to our egomaniac clown of a HC, I find it amazing he is still here! It is past time he is fired, and put to pasture! He has jacked OSU around way to long!!!

4 Likes

The reason those two yahoo were good oc is we had qbs that could hit the deep ball. Rite now playing these young guys is no help.
Dunn is fine. We will need to get more plays that Sanders can run. I just hope they r just not all bubble screens. Hopeful we get though a few games and able to get the offense going. Sanders was out 2 weeks and his first game with that receiver coup. There were alot of times people weren’t on the same page.

1 Like

Thats funny Texas said after their game their going back to the drawing board. He is suppose to be a genius at offense.

And…gundy still sucks

1 Like

If woods had stay I’m sure he would be used more.
But this article was a good sound bite to get the native restless. Their just leading the masses around with a bull ring. I feel for u guys.
No one mention he had only 1 catch for 5 yards in the first game. Or that Moore went to wsu and I don’t think he is playing there.