Former OSU Tight End Jelani Woods Has Huge Day For Virginia in Win

It’s fairly obvious, or should be, who really calls the plays or states what plays will be called. And it ain’t Dunn. And it wasn’t Yurcich. It was a Mike though.

1 Like

You think this is all on the QB? I guess you didn’t see the sorry, pathetic offense during the game QB2 started and played the whole way. But hey, let’s put all the blame on the QB like we did Corndog. You had to have been on that bandwagon, LOL.

Okay….well he still threw it to Charlie Kolar a lot and OU still throws it a lot to the TE also. So I don’t get your point. I’m pointing out that if they figured out how to use them then put dumba55 coach probably should. Instead, you go on some random rant about Texas.

1 Like

I know u find this hard to understand. A football pass play is not like a basketball or a running play.
On a pass play the Qb has options. I have seen the te open. So if Sanders would have thrown to an open te. Do u think woods would have left or gundy would have benched him. Dnt be funny by saying yes.

He’s got to be taught by Tim Rattay, Kasey Dunn, and Mike Gundy that the CW should be the first option he looks at. His coaches are failing him.

1 Like

Sanders mite be the opposite of weeden. Doing great at practice. I will give Sanders this game. Out for 2 weeks with a bunch of new players. So we will see next Saturday.

I’m not blaming QB1 or QB2 entirely. But it’s becoming obvious neither are good enough to get us to Arlington.

1 Like

Just like when Cornelius was QB, it would help a lot if we had an innovative offense. We just got something stuck in 2011, running the exact same 20 plays. What’s different? We threw one slant against Tulsa. What about the run game? Same ole base plays where we bunch all the O-linemen together. Why aren’t we spreading those guys out? Why is it our head coach, a former QB, can’t get his QB1 to set his feet when he throws? I have a feeling he has yet to spot that issue.

I blame the coaches for most of the issues. Put SS in a Coastal or Ole Miss offense and he thrives. Nothing’s gonna change cause Gumby thinks he’s gonna win 9, 10 games doing the same ole dumb stuff.

1 Like

I don’t see Gumby changing anything, he’s too stubbon and egotistical. Expect the same ole bubble screens, back-shoulder fades and jump balls. Can’t throw across the middle…1 slant per game allowed. No trick plays either.

2 Likes

Speaking of trick plays. I dnt watch alot of the games I mainly a radio guy. But, if Sanders could learn to pump the ball would be great. Even on a bubble, u pump it once get that d going down field then reciever goes forward free and clear. I know he can I’ve seen him pump it.
But personal with everybody in the box and Sanders throwing I dnt want him throwing anything in the middle.