Former Texas Tech, Michigan Quarterback Alan Bowman Commits to Oklahoma State

Think he was a wide receiver coach 2002-2004 and offensive coordinator 2011-2012

Yes me as well. As much speed as TCU has Georgia has a couple steps more and size to boot.

1 Like

Duggan has missed 3 touchdown passes. Should be close but throwing is not his forte. Ouch another int

I would suspect that TCU’s D is pretty worn out at this point. Georgia will probably put in a fresh offense in the second half and continue to dominate

I’m impressed with the TE play and incorporation for Georgia. Those TEs are being beastly for Georgia on the run and knocking off heads on the catch. When I use to play QB the TE was my favorite target and bail out guy. We use to have a bunch of plays designed for that position.

2 Likes

I think Georgia wanted to make a statement in a big way. I’ve watched a few Georgia games this year I sorta feel like they made a bunch of changes for this game. I agree too

2 Likes

Thats what we need a one year QB who couldn’t make it at two other major universities, so we can start over again next year. Mediocre Mike strikes again

I do like the effort put into the pfp.

Hey Everyone! Are y’all watching TCU get their absolute doors blown off? What did TCU accomplish this season? Checks notes… 1. No big 12 championship 2. No national championship. According to many people on this board their season is a disaster and TCU is forever doomed and can’t win the big one!

3 Likes

TCU is getting throttled. Watching the game I’ve become retrospective in a glass half empty way. My thoughts are how is OSU ever and I mean ever going to compete with a team like Georgia? We are so far away from that level I don’t see us ever getting there. Thanks to this natty game I’m in need of some serious anti depressants LOL.

2 Likes

Some would say it’s better than the alternative

1 Like

It is imo. Gundy and Rangel ain’t it. They might be it later on but right now they’re not. Need a guy to plug the hole for a year. Would’ve really liked Sanders to return instead though.

It shows recruiting is the most important aspect of the sport which many people on this board say isn’t the case becasue they’d rather have a diamond in the rough over 4 stars.

1 Like

Whose to blame for recruiting not being better?

I found an article for you to read. See above. I think Gundy gets a lot of the blame for subpar recruiting, but maybe you get what you pay for. Oklahoma State doesn’t have a big commitment to their recruiting budget. Not trying to be argumentative, but do you think the recruiting shortcomings might be more complicated than just blaming the HC.

2 Likes

Well that explains a few things. I always thought there was some disparity among teams. But the difference between the top teams and where OSU stands is out of this world. OMG

1 Like

But let’s not dig into the details. Let’s just blame Gundy and say he doesn’t work hard enough at it. Because that’s the easy, uneducated thing to do.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with the budget being too small. Holder stiffed the program but you don’t even have a chance when you don’t even offer. OSU is one of the lowest offering P5 teams. They average around 130 offers per year. The Big 12 averages about 230 offers. That’s a big ■■■■ gap. So save me the “uneducated thing to do” horseshitt.

Holder stiffed the program yet publicly called out Mike Gundy for not doing a better job recruiting. I like certain aspects of Holder. He certainly loves OSU. I like the body of work Gundy has accomplished and I do believe he can still be successful going forward.

If we want to recruit like the big boys then we probably have to spend like they do.

I don’t have a good answer for you on offers. I do think there is likely a valid reason for a lower amount of offers and I do think Gundy works hard at recruiting. I don’t think the lower rated recruits are due to a lack of effort.

Kind of off subject, but not sure if it has been mentioned on here. Everybody wants Dunn’s job right now, but do people realize OSU is more committed to the defensive side of the ball now and that is evidenced by scholarships offered. OSU now puts more players on scholarship on the defensive side of the ball. I think overall it’s the right move, but it is having an impact on the offense. Just something to think about as everyone calls for Dunn’s head.

3 Likes