Four Candidates to Watch as OSU Looks to Hire Defensive Coordinator to Replace Derek Mason

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/four-candidates-to-watch-as-osu-looks-to-hire-defensive-coordinator-to-replace-derek-mason/

Four names to watch as OSU tried to hire a DC (again).

If I was a betting man, I put it on Joe Bob.

4 Likes

I with if patterson isnt it. Thats up to him.

1 Like

I say go with Belk or Clements. Don’t think Patterson would leave Texas. It’s an easier place for him to recruit to and he probably likes it there. Don’t know much about the UAB guy. Belk might be a decent pickup considering he recruits in the area and can probably find some under-the-radar talent. Don’t know how Joe Bob would really fair. Don’t mind hiring from within as long as they prove they have what it takes to get the job done.

1 Like

I don’t think Patterson actually coaches at Texass.

Employ Garth to close the deal with the guitar-picking, country-crooning Patterson. If we can’t, then go with Clements!

2 Likes

Make Gundy the DC. Then, he will see how difficult it is to stop an offense not run by Kasey Dunn. With blocking from Dickey’s group. :wink:

3 Likes

Its sad that gundy had to help out knowless after hi first year.

1 Like

How’d he help? I don’t remember.

Its been talked about here alot. Not something new.

1 Like

Gary Patterson would be sick

4 Likes

Why didn’t he help out Derek Mason if he’s so knowledgeable about the defensive side of the ball? Why can’t he help out Dunn with the offense? Maybe next season he can show Dunn and Dickey some better concepts on how we can rush the ball for more than 3.6 yards per carry.

Mason made in season changes and improvements.

I have no problem helping you learn about football and coaching. Good question, another great answer

1 Like

We gave up 32 ppg in conference play. Now answer my other question. Why isn’t he helping Dunn and Dickey with all his offensive knowledge?

1 Like

Even with the ksu lose the last 5 big 12 game was 30. Went down each game. So like i said improved.

I can answer your question. You dont know what was wrong with the offense. I have answered it many times. Your just not smart enough to understand

1 Like

Lol :laughing:

Think I’d go with Joe Bob. He’s been there under 2 DC’s one would think he absorbed a lot of things and schemes. I personally love the 4-2-5.

1 Like

We ranked #115 nationally in total defense. So, his ‘changes and improvements’ were pretty minuscule.

2 Likes

I doubt we’d be any worse than we were last year.

I do find stats confuse people. Lets look at the best defense isu we were 115 they were 3rd. We gave up 150 yards. For that extra 150 yards we gave up 8 more points.

Tell me this was knowless a good dc

1 Like