Four Candidates to Watch as OSU Looks to Hire Defensive Coordinator to Replace Derek Mason

It’s not all that confusing: when you rank 115 out of 131 teams, your defense is not very good. And it’s spelled KNOWLES.

1 Like

Im not sure if people forget or just " what have you none lately". I know you think i misspelled knowless tryst me i didnt.
Knowless in 2018 gave up atleast 28 points in the last 10 games. Gave up season high to teams.

It took 5 years with very mature players in an off year for big 12 offenses.

1 Like

Or R-O-D-R-I-G-U-E-Z.

2 Likes

I’ve got us about the same especially if they are going to overhaul the offensive scheme before next season. A lot of reports about going old school with power sets including 2te, fb, and 2rb’s. I’m gathering that’s why we lost some wide receivers. Sorta betting it could be to hide the blocking issues. Already prepared for next season.

2 Likes

Was surprised it wasn’t Joe Bob last year after the job he and the other defensive coaches did in the Fiesta Bowl against ND (at least, in the second half). I think I also saw someone mention the Wisconsin DC is looking for a job and his D was pretty good.

Patterson is a pipe dream. I think he’d want another HC job - at best you get him for a year or two and then you’re back looking again.

Need to seriously think about the OL coach - OL has been terrible for far too long and was a big reason the offense collapsed this year, esp after Sanders got hurt.

3 Likes

Anyone have any thoughts on how far into 2023 we could go without solidifying the coaching staff? What’s the likely time frame for announcements on the 2023 coaching staff?

1 Like

One would think it would be soon with spring ball coming up.

2 Likes

So, we’re becoming Air Force?:wink:

Maybe not a bad thing? Air Force smoked Baylor in their bowl game. Finished 10-3. Plus they have nukes.

3 Likes

The difference is that the air force coach can win more than one conference title.

1 Like

I like Coach Calhoun.

Well, we’ll certainly need to add at least one more running play to go with the one we have now.

1 Like

Reminds me of when I was in school, we would joke that “we have two running plays and they’re both the same.” Another joke was the only plays Coach Stanley knows was Terry Miller right, Terry Miller left and Terry Miller up the middle.

2 Likes

I wish we’d try left and right for a change;-)

1 Like

You have to excuse Roberta, they are trying to be funny with spelling it Knowless - get it? “know less” lol he’s a special one, our Roberta, he’s our special one.

1 Like

I have a question. In your mind which is a bigger loss, knowless or riley ( tcu).
Another thing alot of guys that we should have bid higher for knowless. He left for 1.8 mill. Riley left for 1.7 mil.

1 Like

Thing was Terry could get it done on any of the three plays :joy:

1 Like

Two main reasons…. He didn’t have Rodrigo or Harper and as you like to say, they are in the league now. Plus the DB that when home to LSU to play his final year. Couple of others too

1 Like

Iowa State ranked 83rd nationally in total offense and dead last in the conference while winning a whopping 4 games. This is seriously what you’re going with?

Knowles defense finished 97th and Derek Mason finished 115th in their first seasons.