Four-Star Receiver Brenen Thompson Set to Announce Commitment Wednesday

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/four-star-receiver-brenen-thompson-set-to-announce-commitment-wednesday/

OSU was in Thompson’s Top 3 in August.

It would help are numbers. We do have recievers. He is fast. We would have him two presley and Richardson as slots. He may not like Austin coming from spearman

1 Like

“OSU’s 2022 class has 13 commitments in it and ranked 36th nationally and sixth in the Big 12.”

Then we wonder why we can’t play for a Big 12 title.

The year is not over. If Knowles would get off his hands we mite be better

1 Like

With the receivers we have and the 3 already committed, I’m not sure he’s a critical get. Coaches should be more concerned on signing a QB that can get our talented receivers the ball.

2 Likes

We got a nice qb but he is injured.

1 Like

He ain’t picking the Pokes. The lack of commits is highly worrisome.

1 Like

Ur rite. On the defense side. Guys like desean brown is waiting for an ou offer.
I would hate to have to go get alot of transfers.

1 Like

Haha that’s funny. Blame the guy that’s coaching the best unit on the field.

Do you know the extent of his injury? Was it knee?

He has only 5 guys. So yes. This is a reason I dnt see him here next year

You know just because he only has 5 commits and we still have time doesn’t mean he’s not actively recruiting. Could be some transfers and he also could have so much depth around the defense right now that maybe this is a year where they recruit more for the offense than the defense since offensive scoring has seen a decline for the 3rd year in a row.

I wouldn’t mind some transfer but not 10. U were the one saying we are only 36. It’s funny being 36 will not be a problem for Knowles to get great recruits

Nothing to see here.

1 Like

You talking receivers ? We have the receivers we just need a QB that can get them the ball consistently

1 Like

I’m not sure the QB you described is on campus currently.

1 Like

He may not be, I’m not as high on Illingworth as most are. Great kid, he’s just not mobile and with our Oline that’s not good. Who knows Gunner may play well and be able to manage a game. The committed QB is injured and who knows how he does if he reaches here

1 Like

“Game managers” don’t win Bedlam or Big 12 titles. It has taken elite QB play every single season. I just hate the thought of wasting this defense on an offense that has had different issues crop up through 5 games.

1 Like

They can if we score and don’t have turnovers with this defense…, the only QB that the goons have recruited in a freshman class that’s beat us , is Rattler That’s in the last 5-6 years Those 3 are in the NFL right now. Rattler doesn’t seem to be in their caliber…. Maybe I’m wrong, he just seems like he doesn’t want to get hurt before he can sign for big bucks. Only QB we have in there is Mason

1 Like

I know u won’t understand this. Weeden was the best game manager. He knew the system and with the recievers moved the ball. I know I have been hard on Sanders but with all the new players I’m not sure if everyone is on the same page. When u see 2 recievers in the same area or no recievers in an area. Makes u wonder. I’m not saying Sanders does have the best passing arm.