Game Thread: Iowa State 🏀

I went to a home game vs them one year before a physics II exam the following morning. It was at 6, so I figured I’d have plenty of time to study afterward. It ended up going into like 3 or 4 OTs, I couldn’t get myself to leave, and then we lost. Ended up bombing the exam the next day too. :joy:

2 Likes

Westbrook’s dunk in this series (or maybe it was 2011-2012 series against the Lakers?) quite literally brought the house down. It was euphoric.

1 Like

This one was my favorite!

7 Likes

I am miss-remembering. That’s what I was thinking of! I think his dunk on Lamar Odom is what set off the run in the other video, which then brought the house down. So many good KD/Russ highlights over the years. Sad I can’t relive 2010-2016. Good times.

4 Likes

I think you’re referring to the first play in this video. Maybe? You barely see the end of it, but it shows the replay.

Edit: sorry just seeing this last response. :joy:

1 Like

This gave me goosebumps seeing it played back. I felt like I could jump to the moon I had so much adrenaline watching this live.

1 Like

We definitely used to lose to them a lot when Ford was here. Monte Morris, Deandre Kane, Naz Mitrou-Long. They had a ton of good players

1 Like

Next three after this are Texas, Ole Miss, and OU. We can make up a lot of ground here.

6 Likes

Ole Miss and OU are must wins

3 Likes

See you at both

1 Like

ESPN’s matchup projector is currently giving us a 58.4% chance to win this game

5 Likes

Based on what, exactly?

I’ve got no clue.

Ah, see? The generator has recency bias.

To be fair, I think we win, but I would say 50.9% to 49.1%.

2 Likes

@SherlockOhms maybe it’s one of those 3-points-to-the-line-for-the-home-team things? My only guess.:joy:

2 Likes

Bump

Do we have any clue if Cisse will be available tomorrow? He matches up well with Osunniyi, I think Kalib is gonna struggle against his defense

My son and I will be there, oranged up and ready!

6 Likes

He’ll definitely be available. No idea if he’ll play though.

Good morning :sun_with_face:

1 Like