Game Thread: OSU basketball vs KU - 1/16/24

@JustGary gave me a :pretzel: to make the game thread.

5 Likes

+7 is a wild line

Vegas must be down on KU

BG will probably get in foul trouble early and Dickinson will feast

2 Likes

Ice Cold Cowboys

Meanwhile, Oklahoma State has dropped three straight before this contest. All of them were ATS losses against conference rivals. KenPom has this team rated as the second-worst in the Big 12, but they can make a statement on Tuesday. Like Kansas, if they succeed it will start with strong defense. Oklahoma State plays a bit slower, holding teams to 68.1 points per game in the process. Their opponents shoot 42.5% from the floor and 32.0% on three-pointers. The Cowboys are -2.1 in turnovers but +4.8 in rebounding. Can this defense lead Oklahoma State to a win?

Offensively, Oklahoma State is unreliable compared to most of the Big 12. Their 72.8 points per game is the second-fewest in the conference. The Cowboys hit 45.6% of their field goals and 36.1% of their threes, but only 65.5% of their free throws. Oklahoma State gets to the free throw line a conference-worst 16.5 times per game. They only scored 42 points in their most recent game. With a tough test in front of them, what will the Cowboys muster?

1 Like

Maybe this is why they are giving away popcicles? :joy:

5 Likes

And pretzels for all us fans that are twisted in a knot watching this team :rofl:

3 Likes

If UCF can beat KU, and if we give a supreme effort tonight… anything can happen. :smile:
GO POKES!

2 Likes

Please pass your pitcher of orange Kool Aid…and don’t forget to add some sugar :wink:

1 Like

I like my orange Kool-Aid sugar free.

im not saying we’re gonna win tonight, but the spread only being 7 implies Vegas thinks the game will be at least relatively close. Go Pokes

4 Likes

It’s a good thing we know how to close out those close games :joy:

2 Likes

My dad, who is always pumping rays of sunshine about OSU athletics, just called. Asked about an old restaurant we used to go to in Stillwater (Nagoya) and if it was still open. I asked why he was asking and he said “I got suckered into being dragged along to watch the basketball team lose by 40 tonight, I figured I might as well eat somewhere that I’ve missed and make my time worth it.”

He’s completely given up too.

7 in Big 12 away game seems not close.

Edit: Assuming 3 points for home team. Basically its 10 points game. double digits (Barely). Which for me is not close.

KU by 15-20

Just looking for some fight tonight, tbh

1 Like

Offish: Isaiah Miranda No Longer with Oklahoma State Basketball

3 Likes

Does “seeking professional opportunities” equate to attempting to go to the G-league or play basketball overseas or was he talking non-basketball opportunities?

And was this Miranda’s personal decision or Mike Boynton’s decision due to some other unspecified issue?

2 Likes

Sounded like a Miranda thing. Said he scheduled a meeting with Boynton to say he needed some time away then later said he was just stepping away.

As for what pro opportunities, I have no idea. With his upside, I could see a G League team taking a flier

1 Like

We have 16 posts on the night we play KU in GIA.

Oklahoma state basketball is so dead and gone.

Does this mean we are done with scholarship limitations now or are we negative one on it?

Currently have 11 scholarship players on the roster. OSU was already eating the only scholarship it had left to give up