Game Thread: Tulsa at Oklahoma State Week 1

Are you anticipating him only playing 1 half because the game will be so far out of hand?

1 Like

Can we stay vanilla? Itā€™s not like we have 3 ā€œwarmupā€ games this year. We got this game and straight into WV.

Youā€™re probably right. Plus we have the unknown of Dunn as OC. Is he uncaged and allowed to fly? Is that even his style? Does he have a certain someone vetoing calls through the headset?

1 Like

Nope. He gets ejected halfway through the second quarter for ā€œnot hearing the whistleā€ and beheading a Tulsa QB after jumping offsides.

6 Likes

ā€œThat decapitation prop bet kids is how we paid off the mortgage and are going to Disney World.ā€

7 Likes

MASHING that over

2 Likes

Hot take : Chuba rushes for less yardage per game this year than last year.

The Why is important, but I certainly hope so and that itā€™s because Sanders is much better as a passer.

I donā€™t know that thatā€™s a hot take. Less experience at OL. Spencer maybe limits INTs. Itā€™s actually logical. I think the hot take is he gets more per game yardage, higher than Barryā€™s year.

1 Like

I just saw too much rust around the college football landscape on Saturday to make me think weā€™re going to come out looking like world beaters. I hope we do! But I think this one ends up around 38-13. Iā€™d love to drop 60, I just think itā€™ll take a minute for both teams to get their footing. Over/under at 66.5ā€¦ Iā€™ll take the under.

3 Likes

I was thinking under too . D might try for the shutout

Under is gooooood

1 Like

There was no reason for Sanders to not play in four games his freshman year, yetā€¦

Actually, I really donā€™t care. Just wanted to bring that up at least one more time. :rofl:

15 Likes

I predict a different substitution pattern this year. Due to fewer games, and increased risk of players getting sick during the season, I think we substitute specific players more frequently (i.e., put the freshman guard in for a few plays in a series in the 2nd quarter) and do less platoon substitutions (i.e., bring in all the 2ā€™s or 3ā€™s at once). I also think we could see a tendency for Gundy to pursue a higher margin of victory than he normally does. Again - fewer games and fewer chances to impress the committee. With the potential of this team, I donā€™t think he wants the committee saying, ā€œwell, Oklahoma State only beat so and so by XX pointsā€ā€¦

Iā€™m very excited for like 20 years from now when someone like Dillon Stoner is the head coach and Clint Chelf Jr. is the QB, for as soon as something goes bad people will still blame everything wrong with OSU football on the fact that Spencer Sanders didnā€™t play 4 games his redshirt year.

9 Likes

Well, it would have been the start of a dynasty. So canā€™t blame folks, really.

Unis?? Iā€™m going white orange white with the orange brand and black/orange stripe.

1 Like

White black orange for me .

White / Orange / White

Sounds like Tay Martin will start or atleast at a minimum be in the normal rotation based off Gundyā€™s comment yesterday. Hopefully that means heā€™s the real deal.

8 Likes