Game Thread Week 6: Oklahoma State vs Texas Tech

Nevermind, FOX 2:30 slot went to Utah vs Ucla. Makes sense.

3 Likes

Your brother’s 8th wedding? Nah, that would be during Bedlam instead :laughing: I’d try the hidden ear phone maneuver and stream the audio at least! :wink:

6 Likes

Im going 38 to 23 OSU. im just glad we got another afternoon game at home. Another primer for Texas.

I’ll pull a tech, take the idea, claim you actually stole it, and then keep all the money as “moral compensation”

1 Like

I think this could be an interesting game. I think Tech actually may be a pretty decent team. If we’re well prepared it should be fairly straightforward, something like a 42-28 Pokes kinda game. If we’re on Baylor hangover, it could be a 35-31 toss up kinda game. I’m leaning towards the 42-28 Pokes.

1 Like

The hangover in the 1st qtr will be real.

3 Likes

I don’t buy it with this team. They’re gonna practice hard and go play focused.

2 Likes

I think this team is too mature on offense for a hangover 1st quarter, the defense could though mayyyyyyyyybe

1 Like

There’s a reason that the name Lubbock starts with an L. Everything runs through Stillwater! Pokes showed themselves just now how good they really are, not just the rest of the country. The ‘Boys roll. 52-24.

3 Likes

Nope, defensive line and secondary have enough mature pieces as well. Not to mention those linebackers hit a growth spurt Saturday.

4 Likes

Most of the guys on the team have won big games before. This team is after more than just a big win, they know it’s still a long road to Arlington.

9 Likes

Good logic.

3 Likes

I’m just worried about our backers. Tech throws it like a bazillion times per game, how well can our secondary hold up throughout the day?

They did pretty well vs Baylor. Shapen is much better than whoever is starting at Tech.

1 Like

Riding high after a big win over Baylor. This feels like a letdown game

2 Likes

U need to go back to bed

5 Likes

I love how we almost lost every single non con game we played last year and couldn’t figure out Baylor at all, and then this year we slaughtered every non-con opponent and easily handled BU in Waco and everyone is still saying “this OSU team is nothing compared to last year’s” lol

10 Likes

Also, we kinda got f*cked with our schedule. It’s without question easily the hardest schedule in the league. And it’s getting harder and harder as the weeks go by too. Remaining road games are Kansas (who is undefeated and at the top of the league), Kansas state (who is undefeated in league play and at the top of the league), TCU (who is undefeated and at the top of the league) and OU (who is crumbling but I will never have a good feeling about playing in Norman). This all coming off of a game on the road against a team that half the gameday committee had in their CFP as recent as Saturday morning. Oh, and no byes throughout. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

This is a nuanced analysis. Last year’s defense was better. This year’s offense is much better than last year. Special teams is better this year. Collectively, we look better overall as a team compared to this time point last year. But to be fair, our non-con schedule and Baylor, itself, were better teams last year. With all that said, I think if we keep keep our energy and mental concentration up, there will be no doubt this team is best the by end of season. The young defense (mainly secondary) just needs more experience.

It’s not too nuanced. The non-con was slightly better last year, albeit still not awesome. But our performances were significantly better in all 3 of them this year. We were so lost last year. And BU in Waco this year was harder than BU in stilly last year. We know what our offense can do. We saw a long, sustained stretch of football Saturday where our defense looked no different than the ‘21 team. They got burned a few times throughout the day but if Taylor doesn’t get turned around on that 4th down play and if Sanders doesn’t throw a pick deep in their territory, we hold them to 10 points. In Waco. This defense isn’t ready to perform at a 2021 level for entire games quite yet, but they are extremely close. They were 4/5 plays away from it Saturday. If they can get that 4/5 number down to 1/2 per game, they will run through the league rather easily.