Game Thread: @ West Virginia 🏈

WVU secondary is very good, rush defense is decent. So 100 yards rushing for sure, not 100 yards receiving.

1 Like

I could see like 150 and 50

2 Likes

I don’t know if we’ll win or not, because it’s us. But I can definitively say that this will be the least talented team we’ve played this month and we’re 2-0 so far.

7 Likes

I bet he doesn’t have many receiving yards this week. They have a CO-type stand up guy that bounces around and rushes from different areas. Against KU he didn’t really have to stay home in protection and we kept slipping him out for dumpoffs. I bet they keep him home to help protect that guy this week. Makes sense in my head at least

2 Likes

Could we run some pistol with Ollie, Nixon,and Jeremiah all in at once? Let Bowman roll opposite of whichever side their CO is on. Wear him out from chasing all night. Run slants with Presley and Green. I’d try that if I trusted the o-line enough to give Bowman time.

4 Likes

The Oline has surprisingly been pretty dang good the past few weeks. Bowman has been sacked once, Ollie is running wild, and Michalski was the highest graded center in the entire nation this week.

10 Likes

Since the PSU game to start the year, WVU has played one team with a winning record. OSU’s last 3 opp are a combined 6-2 in league play outside of their games vs us. WVU’s are 5-6.

10 Likes

The weather this weekend is not setting up well.

We average over half a yard more per carry than they do, our starting back is almost doubling up their starter in ypc, and our run defense has been stout whereas WVU gave up almost 6ypc to the worst team in the B12. It’s setting up perfectly for us.

7 Likes

Reason for optimism is we just played the 12th and 13th best offenses in the country. WVU is currently 53rd. And as @OSUgrad said, our run defense is pretty stout and the weather could help us out. Our offense has proven it can be turnover free and execute long time of possession drives. Hale has been really good too which this game might come down to kicks.

7 Likes

What is our offense ranked @MetroBoonein ?

People use the KSU game to highlight that the run game stinks. But if you look at the numbers, they had a 70 yard and 40 yard QB run on busted coverage. I agree that those matter for sure, but outside of those two plays they had 36 carries for 110 yards (3ypc). They’re 12th in the country in rushing. Followed that up by holding the 13th team in the country in rushing to 90 yards on 3 ypc. Week before that they held ISU to 2.2 ypc. ISU isn’t a good running team but still. Outside of 2 plays we’ve stuffed the run big time in league play.

5 Likes

-56th in passing
-75th in rushing
-85th in scoring

Before ISU it was

-87th in passing
-118th in rushing
-108th in scoring

In league play they are
-3rd in the B12 in passing
-2nd in the B12 in rushing
-4th (I believe?) in scoring

Also keep in mind, we have traded 9 (!!!) touchdowns for field goals the past two weeks alone. That means we’ve left 36 points (18 points per game) out on the field after good drives. Could be averaging 52 ppg over the past 2 if we would have scored TDs on those.

4 Likes

I specifically asked for an Oklahoma State Pistol Pete and this is what AI gave me :joy:

Yuck

5 Likes

What prompt are you using?? PistolPete won’t go through for me, and Oklahoma State Mascot gets pretty funky lol

4 Likes

I always type something like “orange and black Oklahoma State University Cowboy.” It loves that logo though, sometimes I still get it on the cowboy hat :confounded:

4 Likes

I used two this week.

“Giant orange and black Oklahoma State Cowboy glaring down at burning couch in Milan Puskar Stadium.”

and

“Giant orange and black Oklahoma State Cowboy chasing a blue and gold mountaineer through the mountains.”

5 Likes

45th

3 Likes

Where does the 45th come from? It contradicts ESPN (espn could be wrong). Or maybe ESPN isn’t only counting D1 schools.