Giving Away Books During Coronavirus

Harry Potter series always

Boy, favorite book of all time? I can’t say I’ve read very many books in my life, but I loved the Chronicles of Narnia when I was young, and recently read A Dying Machine by Mark Tremonti because he is my favorite musician.

@nathaniel you’re today’s winner. Hit me with a DM, and I’ll hook you up!

1 Like

Thank you -love your blog!

Haven’t picked a winner in a while so today’s is @chancem Hit me with a DM, and I’ll get you hooked up!

The Lost World by Michael Crichton. I got Jurassic Park for Christmas when I was about 12…spent the whole day reading it. Big need moment. Absolutely loved it, but then I read the Lost World which was even better. The movies have screwed it all up so bad its not even funny. Crichton has a lot of great stuff.

The Time it Never Rained by Elmer Kelton is right up there for me as well.

Just finished this as an audiobook a couple of weeks ago. Really good book, especially for someone who was born in the early 80s. Thanks for telling me to stay away from the movie, I was going to try and watch it soon. Have you read his other book Armada?

Yessir!!

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it. Even though I was born in the mid 80’s I really enjoyed the nostalgia of it all. I’m both excited and hesitant about Ready Player Two whenever it’s released. I haven’t read his Armada because I’ve seen so many mixed reviews. I decided to veer off and and listen to the Red Rising series and others.

1 Like

Agree 100% on Ready Player Two. I’m afraid it will be a letdown.

How was Red Rising?

Red Rising is really good in my opinion. If you think you’d like an intergalactic like hunger games ish book then you’ll enjoy it. Book 2 starts off slow but really picks up steam and finishes great. I think book 3 is better than book 2 and it has a great ending. I have yet to read Book 4 and 5.

1 Like

So, you nerds…I decided I better watch the movie. Why in the world did Spielberg make a completely different movie than the book??? That was one of the worst adaptations I have ever seen.

1 Like

3 Likes

s239QJIh56sRW

1 Like

Was not even aware there was a book. The movie is one of my son’s top 10 favorites.

Has your son watched more than 10 movies?

Just kidding. Get him the book or audiobook stat because he’ll love it more if he likes that dumpster fire of a movie.

3 Likes

The book is fantastic. Completely different than the movie. And I don’t understand why. Its not like they changed stuff to shorten the story…they just changed stuff.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Honestly I thought the book could have been made into 3 movies… The Copper Key, The Jade Key, and The Crystal Key. There was enough content between each gate to do it. Also, each challenge stood alone and didn’t need to be rewritten.

1 Like