Giving Away PFB+ Subscriptions During Coronavirus

Hello friends.

I got a very kind email from a reader the other day who said he wanted to gift three annual PFB+ subscriptions to folks who don’t already have one. I’m going to match that by gifting three of my own. Somebody else threw in two so we’re up to eight. If you want to pitch in by gifting a couple, DM me on here.

Here’s how we’ll do it. If you don’t already have a PFB+ subscription, all you have to do is comment on this thread with your favorite Oklahoma State athlete of all time, and I’ll randomly select several of you as coronavirus continues to put us in quarantine.

If you haven’t registered with PFB at all, you’ll have to to comment on this thread. You can do so (for free) right here.

Happy threading!

4 Likes

Joey Graham

1 Like

Although I really love Barry Sanders and even Garth Brooks just because they represent OSU with great pride. I have to go with Rickie Fowler. He represents OSU so much everywhere he goes. He’s even got me watching golf on TV. Lol

3 Likes

My favorite OSU athlete is Martel Van Zant. I went to OSU from 2005-2009 and I loved how he played on the field. Also loved how every time he made a great play on the field, the fans in the stands would raise their hands and shake them wildly. That was the handsign for applause in sign language due to Van Zant being deaf.

6 Likes

Randy Rutherford! Always hit the big shot!

2 Likes

This is such a tough question because there have been so many in all the different sports. I have been a Cowboy for almost 40 years.
In the end, I would say Scott Verplank-- such a great golfer. And has always been an outstanding representative for OSU.

1 Like

weeden is my fav. Fowler is a close 2nd.

1 Like

James Washington.

2 Likes

By far…Pete Incaviglia! The guy was a “bash brother” by himself, re-writing the college record books with home runs and RBI’s. Although he didn’t have a great MLB career, he helped start the Gary Ward dynasty that put OSU baseball on the map.

1 Like

Amos Thomas is my pick. Mr. Iba recruited him from OKC Douglas I believe and Amos was to be Mr. Iba’s last star. He was way ahead of his time as a big man able to handle the ball like a guard. He was very exciting to watch but unfortunately was caught stealing from a vending machine and then kicked out of school. This was circa 1968.

Markel Brown was really special to watch. Maybe not the best on offense or defense but he was electrifying and one of the most entertaining players to watch.

Also liked Marcus Dove.

2 Likes

Hart Lee Dykes

But this might be the hardest poll ever (like picking my favorite child)

1 Like

This is such a tough question, I’m a younger fan so I’ll relegate myself to the ones I’ve actually watched and for me it’d have to be Justin Blackmon. Dez was absolutely amazing but watching Weeden and Blackmon team up every weekend was special.

1 Like

Desmond Mason

1 Like

So hard to say, but growing up watching the way Tony Allen played has always stuck with me

1 Like

I was a bat boy in 5th grade. We worked every 4th game and got in free GA to all others. I was working the bucket and we had a rainout. I got to go under Allie P. woth the players. Sean Hugo taught me to play spades while eating oranges out of a 50# bag. He will always be my favorite because of that.

1 Like

My favorite OSU athlete of all time is Marcus Smart. Being that I was born in 2000, I wasn’t watching sports during the ‘04 run, and wasn’t alive for the 1995 run. My first experience with Oklahoma State was when I caught a few games at the end of Smarts freshmen year, and he was the one that got me into OSU athletics. Ever since then I’ve been a huge fan and haven’t missed any OSU basketball games that were available to me in Maine.

2 Likes

IMac.

1 Like

This question isn’t hard for me at all. Only one person came to my mind. Who epitomizes the oSu Athlete with the most HEART ever? IVAN McFARLIN! He gave it all every time he was asked on and off Eddie Sutton Court.

3 Likes