Giving Away PFB+ Subscriptions During Coronavirus

Markel Brown

Myron Roderick

Tony Allen

Desmond Mason

145 – now we’re talking. Let’s get to this to 200 by the end of the day! Also: planning on giving away some Hoboken Coffee and possibly some Chris’ gift cards on here over the next few weeks!

I grew up in Stillwater (class of '87)…graduated OSU in 1993, so this will be an ‘olds’ pick. This was a hard question, having been a fan as long as I can remember (loved Phillip Dokes as kid - how is that for an ‘olds’ reference)…Barry, Thurman, Robin Ventura, John Smith, Matt Clark, Big Country, Desmond Mason, etc…the list is long).

But, my dad was an high school and college umpire, working fall baseball for OSU, so I was around the baseball program a lot…went to camp twice…so the more I thought this through, one player stands out that loved watching:

Pete Incaviglia (Incy).

As teenager, who loved baseball (still do), there was nothing more exciting that watching him step in the box, knowing more than not, that ball was going to be flying out of Allie P like a rocket. How fast and how far would it go? He is the Barry Sanders of College Baseball…never saw anyone like him and OSU had some studs roll through in the '80’s.

Thanks for the question!

As a former Sooner fan​:nauseated_face: turned Cowboy when I came here for school, I’m a little recency biased, but I gotta go with the Canadian Cowboy, CHUBAAA HUBBARDDD! :canada: :cowboy_hat_face:

Mine is Mitchell Solomon. He was not the most athletic but he brought his best every game every night.

1 Like

Martel Van Zant a deaf linebacker for OSU back in 07, loved his story and how he was able to overcome his hearing impairment and continue to play!

1 Like

Charles Howell III

I was at an alumni event in Wichita Ks where MH said he felt like he was put on this earth to coach the greatest golfer ever, and said he just recruited a kid out of Augusta Ga that could be him. I have followed CH3 career ever since.

Lamont Matthews. I thought he was going to hit a homer every time he stepped up the plate.

What a pull here. Lamont was the man!

I was 10 and got to go to wichita for the regions. Winning those two games was amazing!!

Lots of choices after nearly 50 years of watching OSU sports. I think I’d have to choose Yoshiro Fujita as my favorite though…

It will always and forever be Barry Sanders. [I am PFB+ already, but will gift my winnings to a friend if my # is selected.]

Walt Garrison, 1*961-1965, football during very difficult times.

All heart.

2 Likes

Loyal and True…Ricky Fowler!!

So many I can’t pick one but going with Randy Rutherford!!

So many great choices! I am going with Walt Garrison, the True Cowboy. Walt accepted a scholarship at Oklahoma State with the intention of playing linebacker. Phil Cutchin was the new coach in 1963 and he moved Walt to running back. The rest is history! Talk about toughness. When he wasn’t preforming
in professional rodeo events and making Skoal commercials, he played professional football. He played in the 1970 NFC Championship gamed with a broken collarbone and in Super Bowl VI with 16 stitches in one finger. A great ambassador for Cowboy Football and Oklahoma State University.

1 Like

Walt Garrison! Love it.

1 Like