Gundy Addresses Rumors That He Was Interested in Florida Job

The writer said he reached out to all parties. I’m sure the agent won’t say anything because he looks like an incompetent idiot whether he was asked by Gundy to reach out or not.

Do you know who Bonik is? Where he played college football? What his job is? You referenced common sense………

You also must not have heard Pat Jones this morning. “You don’t have to be a brain surgeon to connect the dots and read between the lines on this deal. That’s all I’ll say on that”

1 Like

If any of you think this email is fake or is fabricated…….then you really are the most gullible, naive fan on here. Bonik played at OSU. He is an OSU alum. He runs a sports agency. Gundy never was and never will coach anywhere but in Stillwater……but this wasn’t done behind Gundys back. You people surely are smart enough to realize he’s done it multiple times before. Pat Jones all but confirmed it this morning. Gundy didn’t deny the email. He just artfully deflected the stuff. Come on people

1 Like

Wouldn’t a fioa also get Florida’s emails the sent in response. I have read the whole thing but it sounded like this one email was leaked out. Not a bulk email grab.

See John Gruden. The NFL. Penn St. LSU. The Eyes of Texas issue in Austin. Hillary Clinton. If you don’t think emails or “paper” still happen…….you’re wrong

It’s probably the only one notable because I’m sure the rest is fans providing unsolicited advice. These things don’t happen via email because it would be hugely embarrassing for something to be released by a FOIA request.

None of those are similar to this right? So far as I can tell, this is the one agent in history who has done this by email.

It’s funny u won’t believe what switzer says when u here it, but u want us to believe oru ex coach. Pat is media now, his connection to gundy have been less and less. Unless pat said he talk to either guys. Did he say that he talked to either guy. Or was he connecting the dots.

If you think Pat Jones isn’t close to Mike Gundy, then you obviously don’t know the history and current status between the two.

1 Like

I don’t claim to be an agent or anything of the sorts. But I know Gundy has done this multiple times before. I know Bonik played for and graduated from OSU. I know he runs an agency. Gundy did not deny it. Pat Jones all but confirmed it. Hey I respect different opinions and will respect yours as well. But this is an easy one fellas.

I believe exactly what Switzer said. Nowhere does he say alike “I’m not a fan of the hire”

That alone makes no sense. If pat was super close why would he confirm the email. Is that something ur close friends would do.

It benefits a guy that has a show to boil up the waters.
Did u listen to the switzer talk. He talked about money.
If switzer is jealous of the money dnt u think pat is. This is pats only gig now.

Yes, he has done it multiple times before, and not once did it leak via email. Meaning that in 2012 he knew to do it over the phone, in 2017 he knew to do it over the phone. In 2021, he just magically forgot how it was done?

You can say it is easy, but surely you have to admit it’s very peculiar that it was done in a way guaranteed to embarrass Gundy.

U are in denial. Switzer said he thought they should have gotten a offensive guy. Ur the one connecting the dots.
That means he would have been more happy with any number of offensive coach then this one. U are rite he did say he hated the hire.

Lol nobody listens to pat Jones, I really could care less of your opinion if you wanna believe it’s legitimate that’s your choice buddy, but I’m pretty sure bonick could have done a little better in the writing of that email. I mean he only does that stuff for a living :man_facepalming:

1 Like

We’re just talking here. No stones being thrown.

It got out every year. So whether it’l be by sloppy email or sloppy word of mouth…….it still got out. This one did too.

Do I think it’s been bad business by this particular agent? Absolutely. This is far more damaging to him than it is Gundy and it’s not even close. He looks like a fool.

Do I believe Gundy had no clue about any of this? Was completely in the dark? Didnt express those things to Bonik himself or thru back channels like these are always done? HELL NO. Gundy definitely knew this was being done/said on his behalf. We all know Gundy and love his willingness to speak on any/all topics. If this was a complete, out of bounds, unwilling venture on the part of Bonik…….Gundy wouldn’t simply play coy in a presser.

And at the end of the day, the agents inability to do his job isn’t what matters. What matters is that another coach is flirting yet again with another job. Gundy has a track record of doing this stuff.

If I thought it was possible someone would pay me 10 million a year to do my job, and in a few years pay me 10 million a year to not do my job, I’d at least check into the possibility. I’m not going to begrudge Gundy for that. I’m offended if he let someone this stupid do it on his behalf when in the past he was represented by Sexton.

1 Like

I hear you. I just look at it differently. I always look at it from the players perspective. As a player in that locker room……I’d hate it. I LOVED Gundy in his earlier days. Hell Ferrari & Josh Holliday are my favorites RIGHT NOW. I have no dislike towards OSU because I’m an OU guy. But I can’t stand Gundy. All the job flirting beforehand, I sort of was ok with just because of the tension between he & Holder. It was all about leverage. But now? There’s no reason for it. None. There is a way to go about these things. You guys are gonna hate the reference, but Bob Stoops was at OU for roughly 20 years & this stuff never leaked out. He either didn’t do it or never let it get out. I firmly believe that when this stuff does leak out, it’s mostly on purpose. But it always, always has something behind it. This one did too.

1 Like

I agree with a lil. If this was true why wasn’t it leaked for the lsu job. To me that would be both a better fit and job.
Why would anything be leaked about stoops. U urself said ou is a top job. Where was he going. I’m sure he got offers. But, him looking.
This is why I think Lincoln sole reason for leaving was because of going to the sec. He doesn’t have to prove he can coach. Just get the best recruits and roll through the pac 12.
The money didn’t hurt.

Ok cool thanks for the answer