Gundy 'Fairly Certain' Knowles Will Return Next Season

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/gundy-fairly-certain-knowles-will-return-next-season/

‘We’re gonna do everything we can to keep in here within reason.’

1 Like

Make or break for Weidberg IMO.

2 Likes

U keep saying things like that.
I’ve asked u a few times what is Knowles worth.
U never have said. What is he worth.
Because they are talking a contract. That would include a buy out.
With basically only the girls softball stadium. We r set for awhile.
We get to the playoffs we will make good money this year. So financially we fairly good.
Just go ahead and throw out a number. And for how long.

1 Like

Him and Mike trade salaries.

2 Likes

Why do I have to throw out a number I’m not the AD? I’d probably try to get him between 1.5-2M.

1 Like

Completely agree, if you wanna play with the big boys you have to go all in. If you’re willing to fund the program like Alabama and Ohio State and OU then you will have a chance to compete with them.

Why to see how serious u r.
Obviously not as serious as jug he wants to pay him 5mill.
And for how long.
The virus hurt us last year in alot of ways. But, has definitely helped Knowles. And will help for 3 more years. Be honest this is not a top ten defense with out super seniors. Add that to a bad class so far, coming in. I like Knowles. But u guys act like a bunch of house wives on black Friday when it comes to coaches.

1 Like

This guy is the most instrumental part of this 11-1 season that I still can’t believe happened after watching some pitiful football the first month of the season. You want a seat at the table you pay for it. Time for OSU to sack up and pay for it.

2 Likes

I dnt care if it’s offense or defense we are here because of super seniors. But denying that the offense has had more to deal with the defense is sad.
I’m saying pay him but he does not walk on water.
And in 3 years when he drops back into the 40’s I will have to hear u crying
So not 5 million

1 Like

Wow Roberto no faith in the coaching staff you’re such a bad fan. Super senior this super senior that. Guess what Roberto the whole ■■■■ country has these super seniors except the blue bloods and no one is doing it like Knowles is.

2 Likes

Need to get in this range

You’re not wrong I completely agree that super seniors played a huge role in this defense and without them we wouldn’t be as good I completely agree with that. I do think Knowles is a ver good DC though, you can have all of those seniors but you still have to put them in the right position to succeed and still coach them to be a disciplined unit that does their assignment and doesn’t commit penalties. To me that’s the biggest thing with this defense that I give Knowles credit for. You can’t teach talent so as a coach your job is to get the most out of the talent you have and I think Knowles does that.

2 Likes

Give him a mill of your salary, Mike! :upside_down_face: Ain’t like a person needs $4 mill living in Stilly.

Grantham got iced at Florida. :sob:

I have said the super seniors have helped a bunch to alot of teams. And to our offense.
Who it helped the most is guys like Knowles who had great players but not nfl players.
Look at his top recruits Daniel’s came here to stay a safety. Kelly came because of what tcu did to Richardson. Collins is a knock out.
The offense has 5 composite 4 stars with another 4 star out of 10 recruits.
He has 5 with 1 non composite 4star. It could and should change before the 15th.
I’m just look at what he has done more then 1 season.
At least u dnt want him to get 5 mill

1 Like

One other thing this secondary has not been pushed.
There are no great qb in the big 12.
We’re still using a ton of guys from per Knowles.
I’m find with using his salary. That’s been a problem with keep coaches. That been another big deal with these coaches buying in and staying. U can’t recruit when ur coaches leave every year or two.
But selling Gundy’s farm to keep Knowles, no.

1 Like

Ur give ur salary up to keep Knowles.
I’m surprised u came on with how ur boy muffed that punt.

1 Like

To be fair, EVERYONE is playing with super seniors. Our super seniors are playing better… that’s a testament to them AND to the program/coaches.

5 Likes

Exactly.
Martin played very lil last year. He is not a top 10 osu reciever. But we worked him over and now he is a nice reciever.
Alot of poeple have not given credit to the players.
It’s not just one coach.
I’m just saying let’s not sell the farm.

2 Likes

After reading Gundy’s take, sounds to me like Knowles is gone.

2 Likes