Gundy 'Fairly Certain' Knowles Will Return Next Season

We have to have x amount of womens sports according to the NCAA or Title 9 I think. It’s mandatory. We are getting ready to enter a bad era to me in football with the NIL and all the shuffling around of teams. The haves will run roughshod over the have nots. Unless you are Texas money will be a huge problem for many schools. Rattler should give his cars back :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

It will be difficult to keep Knowles. He is at the performance/results peak of his career. How can he expect to match that next year? He might be at the pinnacle of his career for a big salary. That being said, money will be a big issue but how does he and his family like Stillwater and Oklahoma State?

1 Like

This is golden and why I love OSU. Go to a OSU football forum and find a bunch of AG talk about literally F&^%ing (by means of AI) cattle. Priceless.

2 Likes

They are, but like Gundy said, if we want to play with the big dogs, we need to pay (smartly) like the big dogs.

1 Like

Recruiting budget needs a big increase too. Below Kansas is pathetic.

2 Likes

I think Gundy has sucked up to the president and Weiberg on more money for recruiting and keeping on top of great facilities. By what he said he and Holder were at odds the whole time Holder was here. Maybe it’s a new beginning. I think Knowles is happy here, loves the town and they will make it work

1 Like

You have to sponsor 7 Men’s and 7 Women’s sports or 6 Men’s and 8 Women’s sports to remain in Division 1. The calculations for staying in compliance with Title IX is a little trickier, but would also factor in here.

We should be looking to add sports, specifically women’s wrestling, not cut them.

You give “my boy” credit for the return TD or only point out mistakes? You better start kissing his behind for being a heck of a weapon for us, unless you’re really a zerOU fan. :sob: :sob: :sob: Wait till his brother plays for us. And there’s one more Presley coming up!

1 Like

Then why don’t we have more wagyu cows in the US, lol? Ever hear about the Aussie brothers (the Hammonds) who moved to Oklahoma, I think when they were in high school, both went to OSU, then they moved back and have one of the largest ranches in Australia raising wagyu cows?

Who’s the unc?

I thought that’s how u do it ur always riding gundy.:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love the lil chit.
I’m just pulling ur chain

1 Like

Bobbie pearce

Whatever the minimum to stay in compliance with Title IX and D1 requirements is, we should do that. Huge LOL at women’s wrestling. Absolutely no one cares about that. It would be nothing but a drain on the sports OSU fans actually care about (football, baseball men’s basketball, wrestling, and men’s golf).

Yea I love the men’s but the are no power 5 teams. It’s not a sport

Disagree entirely with you. But we’re literally at the minimum as is.

1 Like

Don’t know about Oklahoma but there are a substantial number of HS women’s wrestling programs in Texas. I think they should have the opportunity to take their craft to the D1 level like those in other sports.

1 Like

wagyu is a Japan thing and kind of a specially item. Very tender but also very fatty. If this stuff ever became mainstream in the US everyone would die of heart disease lol

They do have stump broke cows…

Then we need to stay there. I would be okay with swapping equestrian for women’s wrestling. Really does not make 99% of the fan base a difference either way.

Equestrian is a tremendous boon for title 9 compliance. It would take a deep dive but it looks to me like we may only be in compliance so long as no one sues. As student bodies tend to become more and more female, title 9 compliance is going to get tougher and tougher with 125 man Football rosters. Iowa is adding women’s wrestling because they lost a lawsuit.

We should proactively do it as leaders in wrestling. Coach John’s most recent comments have been that Covid slowed down the progress we were making toward having a program back in March, and then that we were still making progress toward it in October. It’s a growing sport, Oklahoma now has a OSSAA sanctioned state tournament joining 31 other states. Providing educational opportunities via a women’s wrestling program would be good.

1 Like